PDA

View Full Version : two teasers...

iffracem
12-09-2006, 08:43 AM
did a three day trip for the super bikes @ symmonds plains, Snug to Sheffield. Stayed in Sheffield for two nights and commuted the 100 odd k's to Symmonds each day. The roads up the north-west are superb, the benefit of being a "marginal seat" that gets fundinhg thrown at it.

North and back was travelled over the lakes district of course.

Again, not too much photography, cos I just love riding too much.

But here are two teasers for those who haven't sampled the roads, or have but would like a reminder.

The comfy supplier of horsepower, browsing with the ancestors............

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/iffracem/cruisycat.jpg

The contemplative Cat, chomping to get onto the road ahead.............

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/iffracem/mmmmm.jpg

I'm starting to find the secret of riding such great roads, and stop riding to take pictures. You ride the road, think "that'd make a nice picture", turn around and ride back over the road, take the picture, then ride along that same great road again :lol: :lol:

Ahhh, wonder what those poor sods without bikes do for salvation of the soul????

Got some pics of the Supers I'll link to later, when I sort them out.

JJ

glitch
12-09-2006, 09:03 AM
did a three day trip for the super bikes @ symmonds plains, Snug to Sheffield. Stayed in Sheffield for two nights and commuted the 100 odd k's to Symmonds each day. The roads up the north-west are superb, the benefit of being a "marginal seat" that gets fundinhg thrown at it.

Yeeha,more, more !!! :) Now it makes sense, marginal seat and all....I just LOVE those tiny strips of tar about 20/30km inland from the North Coast...may it stay a marginal seat forever :lol:

But here are two teasers for those who haven't sampled the roads, or have but would like a reminder.
BASTARD !!

I'm starting to find the secret of riding such great roads, and stop riding to take pictures. You ride the road, think "that'd make a nice picture", turn around and ride back over the road, take the picture, then ride along that same great road again :lol: :lol:
Great, innit? :)

Ahhh, wonder what those poor sods without bikes do for salvation of the soul????
Screw 'em

nev
12-09-2006, 11:10 AM

They get out and take photos where the bus driver tells them to.

farawayman
12-09-2006, 01:18 PM
The contemplative Cat, chomping to get onto the road ahead.............

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/iffracem/mmmmm.jpg

JJ

Thatís the one, nothing like riding a great piece of road twice and it gives us something to dream of. :lol:

They get out and take photos where the bus driver tells them to.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

iffracem
12-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Thatís the one, nothing like riding a great piece of road twice and it gives us something to dream of. :lol:

Three times actually :wink:

gromit
13-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Great pics, JJ. The Cat sure is a purty bike, isn't she!

I'm going to have to come up with a Cunning Plan to get myself + bike down to Tassie, that's for sure. The roads down there sound way too good for you to keep to yourself! :lol:

iffracem
23-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Come on down!!!

Bring the bikes, the missusses, the kids, stay at Chateau Iffracem in Snug.

Personal guided tours a specialty

Spouses looked after by Missus Iffracem (if they don't ride/pillion).

Bring a hearty appetite for great food, good wine (wine imported from south oz, local stuff too exy and too woosey :wink: ) , and great beer.

Bring your sense of humour, I'll test it out for you, no worries!

and bring a comfy bike seat.. you'll need it :muahaha:

That's for all Austourers, free accomodation at Iffracems'
I can fit three-four people inside, ( more on floorboard style beds), 3 bikes in the shed and 6+ bikes on concrete driveway.

Cars go in the street :P

iffracem
23-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Did I mention the southern hemisphere's BEST fresh cooked crayfish are found 2 minutes walk from my house???? :eat:

glitch
23-09-2006, 07:23 PM
You're REALLY making it damn hard to resist....Christ, what a salesman !!
:lol: :lol:
Due to financials we had to ditch some temporary plans to bring the posties across over Xmas/ New Year....but you'll better put in for Long Service Leave late April or thereabouts :shock: :lol: :chug:

iffracem
24-09-2006, 10:42 AM
late April-ish... Done!!

Bring that Gromit fella as well

glipschitz
24-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Umm, Oh so tempting JJ!

Great photos! Making this miserable Melbourne day more enjoyable with those piccies! :)

Greg

glitch
25-09-2006, 03:08 PM
late April-ish... Done!!

Bring that Gromit fella as well

Might have to drag him across :lol: :lol: