View Full Version : 12 Stroms, a BMW and chocolate

08-07-2007, 10:18 PM
I have taken the liberty of using the ride organisers words to go with my pictures on this one. My ride started at 9am in Ferntree Gully.


The sun was out at the Westgate Bridge meeting point at 10am where 6 of the Stroms and the BMW started out.


Half an hour later we were in Werribee to find the Macas car park full of more Stroms (another 6) and I think we almost blocked off their drive thru entrance.


10 minutes later we were on the road heading for Anakie and then Ballan. But before we got to Anakie the sky turned dark and the heavens opened up. Thats right - rain, and after such a good start. We persevered and by the time we got to Ballan at about 11.30am the rain had stopped, but the sky was still very dark!



A number of us sampled the warm delights of the local bakery which did have a real coffee machine and a very nice girl serving. As usual, the bike and farkle comparison started, with Professor Farkles drawing a fairly large crowd

Then it was onto Daylesford, Hepburn Springs and the Savoia pub for lunch. Again the sky was looking pretty dark, but it only rained for a few minutes just as we left Ballan.


We hit Hepburn Springs and the pub at about 1pm. Everyone was happy to get inside out of the cold and the race was on to try and dry various bits of gear, and while there was a bit of discussion about Touratech merchandise I didn't spot one catalog! Unless you count the two wheeled mobile catalog belonging to Professor Farkles.



By 2.30pm everyone was recharged. One of the Stroms headed homeward due to other commitments and from Hepburn Springs the rest of us made the short 10 minute ride to the Chocolate Mill. At the Chocolate Mill, hot chocolates were ordered, shopping lists from those at home were filled and we then hit the road again heading for Woodend




On arriving at Woodend, it appeared that we were missing a Strom. Yes - he ran out of petrol a couple of kilometres outside of Woodend. A mercy dash back with some petrol and he soon joined us again.

By this time it was about 3.45pm and pretty much everyone decided to make the mad dash home via the boring Calder freeway.

Despite the poor weather, it was an enjoyable day (at least I had a good time) and this will be one ride that will be done again during the warmer months.

Thanks to all those that came along - I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did


10-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Looks like you've all had a good day, didn't die of a chocolate attack immediately after consumption and got away with a minimum of "wet-arse" syndrome :D

boy, got some numbers together, too :wink: