PDA

View Full Version : Big-Ride Fever !!

glitch
09-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Big Ride What ??

Hmmm, yeah…weeeell….you know: The Jitters, The Shakes, The “I couldn’t give a flying f^%ck about anything else” thing…

That exquisitely torturing state that stops you from going to sleep, laying there in the dark, the head going at a 100 miles an hour…pictures of landscapes, roads, people, snapshots of small things along the way…even sounds and the smells of some exotic tucker…. you can feel it, taste it and it’s in your nose…even the bum feels the vibes of the bike.

Feel the wind, the cold…and the bike underneath you eating the miles, hammering the straights and hooking into bends…it’s all there….humming, howling, clawing….ALIVE!!

Work and the rest of the world around you grow increasingly distant the closer it gets to D-Day, there ARE NO other important things but those pics in your head.

Google Maps/ Google Earth get the flogging of their lives, the search for pics and ride-reports on the WWW has become decidedly obsessive, mugs of coffee grow cold before they’re even made and there’s no space for food on the table…it’s overflowing with layers of maps, hand scribbled notes and accommodation print-outs.

Workmates, family and friends slide into the background… replaced by a whole new, all-encompassing world of dreams…heart, head and soul tightly wrapped into the yearning for distant roads and vistas.
Everyday stuff just takes a backseat…and at the very far back at that.

The daily grind is now mechanical, even robotic…while between the ears life rocks at a frantic pace and then some…it’s all-consuming….and there’s NO BREAK from it!!

It just doesn’t quit, doesn’t go away for a second…. vistas, sounds and smells just don’t allow ANY space for the day-to-day trivials.

Big Ride Fever…there ya go.
And if you’ve never had it, you just don’t know what you’re missing!!!
Highly addictive, intensely enjoyable, immensely stimulating…NOTHING can beat it.

Experience the strewn-all-over-the-place maps… the mugs full of stale, cold coffee… the handful of highlighters littering the floor, desk and keyboard…a morning- scene that sets up the day exactly the same way the previous day’s ended.

Go on, get into a Big Ride…and let yourself go walkabouts.

Big Ride Fever…it ROCKS you to the core !!

iffracem
09-07-2007, 12:37 PM
NURSE... OH NUUUURSE!!

Time for Mr Glitch to have his medication.......

glitch
09-07-2007, 02:54 PM
NURSE... OH NUUUURSE!!

Time for Mr Glitch to have his medication.......

I don't need a nurse....but a time-warp :D

iffracem
09-07-2007, 02:56 PM
we talking bike riding.... or the RHPS?

just a step to the left.....

glitch
10-07-2007, 07:34 AM
or the RHPS?

?????

iffracem
10-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Rocky Horror Picture Show (http://www.rockyhorror.com/main.php)

Do the Time warp...

RiffRaff:
It's astounding;
Time is fleeting;
Madness takes its toll.
But listen closely...

Magenta:
Not for very much longer.

RiffRaff:
I've got to keep control.

I remember doing the time-warp
Drinking those moments when
The Blackness would hit me

RiffRaff:
And the void would be calling...

Transylvanians:
Let's do the time-warp again.

Narrator:
It's just a jump to the left.

All:
And then a step to the right.

Narrator:
With your hands on your hips.

All:
You bring your knees in tight.
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane.

Magenta:
It's so dreamy, oh fantasy free me.
So you can't see me, no, not at all.
In another dimension, with voyeuristic intention,
Well secluded, I see all.

RiffRaff:
With a bit of a mind flip

Magenta:
You're into the time slip.

RiffRaff:
And nothing can ever be the same.

Magenta:
You're spaced out on sensation.

RiffRaff:
Like you're under sedation.

All:

Columbia:
Well I was walking down the street just a-having a think
When a snake of a guy gave me an evil wink.
He shook-a me up, he took me by surprise.
He had a pickup truck, and the devil's eyes.
He stared at me and I felt a change.
Time meant nothing, never would again.

All:

Narrator:
It's just a jump to the left.

All:
And then a step to the right.

Narrator:
With your hands on your hips.

All:
You bring your knees in tight.
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane.

pffft... phiilistine

Punisher
15-07-2007, 06:07 AM
Have no shame
http://www.shellieworld.com/mad-biker/rhps.jpg

art_tas
16-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Ahhh yes...just a jump to the left...never could get that bit right and always crashed into the lady to my right ;))

iffracem
18-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Eh you lot.. you globe trotting louts... I've got a little project for you whilst you're all over there scoffing pizza, pasta, grappa, croissants, bloody good coffee, smelly cheeses and bavarian beers (lucky b@st@rds)

I'd like to add a fair few gesticulartory expressions to my repertoire.... That is, I wants to learn me some more hand signs, to add to the obligatory "bird" "fork" and "use ya eyes"

Sooooo... if you could be so nice as to film, photograph or just take note of the indigenous European populations' methods in making their feelings felt, via their limbs, I'd be most appreciative.

You know, something that I could use to express my heartfelt appreciation of Mr Taxi's driving skills, to eloquently describe the dubious lineage of Mrs BMW, to put Mr 4WD well and truly back in his place.

Ta ever so much.

JJ

Jaqhama
18-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Eh you lot.. you globe trotting louts... I've got a little project for you whilst you're all over there scoffing pizza, pasta, grappa, croissants, bloody good coffee, smelly cheeses and bavarian beers (lucky b@st@rds)

I'd like to add a fair few gesticulartory expressions to my repertoire.... That is, I wants to learn me some more hand signs, to add to the obligatory "bird" "fork" and "use ya eyes"

Sooooo... if you could be so nice as to film, photograph or just take note of the indigenous European populations' methods in making their feelings felt, via their limbs, I'd be most appreciative.

You know, something that I could use to express my heartfelt appreciation of Mr Taxi's driving skills, to eloquently describe the dubious lineage of Mrs BMW, to put Mr 4WD well and truly back in his place.

Ta ever so much.

JJ

Steel toe-capped MX boot several times into the drivers door?
Fave technique of London mobike couriers.

Crowbar thru windshield while stopped at lights?

Enrage driver enough with middle finger and two fingers and various explenatives until he gets out of car...then nut him with your full face helmet?

You can tell I was brought up in the UK. :twisted:

iffracem
18-07-2007, 10:03 PM
..then nut him with your full face helmet?

You can tell I was brought up in the UK. :twisted:

Ahh yes, the Glasgow kiss, I have the scars to show for a miss-placed butting attempt or two, damn that alcoholic double vision.
Once that would have appealed, now I'm to old and lazy...

Gesticulated aggression is the go, thank you very much :wink:

glitch
19-07-2007, 07:41 AM
We'll see if we can provoke enough locals ....(with a tele-lens, of course) :D

iffracem
19-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Cool :thumbs:

I've googled and youtube'd, but the results are pretty lame, and not really suited for use on bikes.

glitch
23-07-2007, 12:25 PM
47 days to go....below half-count and getting damn close to the "finish-straight"
:dance: :dance:

iffracem
23-07-2007, 01:16 PM
In the words of the immortal Fred Gassit........

SHADDAP YAKARN

glitch
25-06-2009, 11:38 AM
....and it's here again !!!

80-somethin' days to go...and it's finally started.

The jitters every time I walk past that Euro-Alps map pinned to the hallway-wall that had become part of the furniture for the last 2 years....the pile of maps on the shelf, until recently neatly stacked, sorted by countries, which is now a mess of half-folded, half-drooping multi coloured bits, getting pulled out and checked for something a few times a day...the receipt of the tour-shirts already mailed to everyone...a messy pile of notes overflowing the desk with notes of what still needs to be checked on, organized, enquired about...running upstairs to check on the jacket-liner and the insoles of the old Daytona boots that will pull their last tour of duty on that trip...the ride-reports and pics on the net now giving that delicious tingle down the spine...

YES, it's definitely started :devil::devil:

Another 2 or 3 weeks....and I'll have turned into that grumpy old shit, who's got nothing....BUT NOTHING....else on his mind than THAT TRIP...THOSE ROADS....AND THAT PLACE!!!

....and just couldn't give a rats arse about "normal" life around him.

BIG RIDE FEVER......

Back with a vengeance....and BITING!!

:slobb:slobb

http://www.glitch-oz.com/pics/07/Tornanti/3/tor2214.jpg

http://www.glitch-oz.com/pics/07/Tornanti/3/tor2753.jpg

Hytram
25-06-2009, 12:09 PM
are we there yet?

Punisher
25-06-2009, 03:01 PM
if you say that one more time im turning this car around and going home!

Hytram
25-06-2009, 04:25 PM
but Pete started it.... not fair

Honda Honey
20-07-2009, 11:47 AM
How many are going on this trip? I cant wait to see more photos, just finished reading thru the Toranti trip and wish I had known about it 'years' ago, so I could have gotten my licence right there and then, and put my hand up!!

farawayman
20-07-2009, 03:03 PM
How many are going on this trip? I cant wait to see more photos, just finished reading thru the Toranti trip and wish I had known about it 'years' ago, so I could have gotten my licence right there and then, and put my hand up!!

Careful what you wish for, Honey. There are all sorts of consequences for those sorts of wish's.

Your work suffers
your home life suffers
your sleep suffers
You surf the net more researching, where, how, why.
Which in turn affects the rest of life, you know, work, home life, sleep.

That Glitch has a lot to answer for, bastage :doh:

Run, run now before it's too late :whistle:

glitch
20-07-2009, 03:54 PM

6 for the T2...incl. 2 double headers from down-south (Taswegians).
Five AT-lers out of that...and we'll hopefully meet up with a few more forum members over there.

7 for the Fire'n Ice_2...NZ North Island early March '10.
All members here...incl. Jimbo coming from Oregon for another dose of "them Aussies" :bs

http://www.austouring.net/glitch/NZ_05/3/221.jpg

He didn't want to leave this place last time (as the rest of us, really)
Pounawea/ The Catlins/ South Island
http://www.austouring.net/glitch/NZ_05/3/208.jpg

Here's the link to the whole yarn:
http://www.austouring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802

Groups for those kind of rides have to be small to be flexible and be able to get "off the mark" instantly when circumstances require.
There's also quite a commitment in many ways...stuff like that isn't organized within a week, it usually starts off 1-2 (or even more) years before the event.
Which then results in targets/ roads/ tracks that hardly even the locals know ...and NO commercial operator would be game enough to take a bunch of "bike-tourists" through. :chug::devil:

Careful what you wish for, Honey. There are all sorts of consequences for those sorts of wish's.

Just lift your hand quick enough when the next call goes out...:whistle::whistle:
How many more you gonna miss? :poke::poke:

Hunter_Gatherer
20-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Pete, you have a lot to answer for my friend and I think you're gunna get it when we all meet up at the rally, if not before. :poke::cdle:bow:
Bring on Fire and Ice............:looney: :so:bs

Hunter_Gatherer
20-07-2009, 05:51 PM

Hi Honey, One thing I have learnt in the short time I've been involved with this crazy mob :looney: is you have to be quick off the mark with the trips Pete organises.
Just keep your eye out and visit the forum regularly. Sooner or later you'll jag one that suits you. :woot:
Next one is the Austouring Rally Australia Day weekend to meet and greet members from around the country. Grab hubby and some gear and come along. If you can stand the lunacy :poke::looney:. The more the merrier. :chug:

Honda Honey
20-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Australia Day... grrr.. husband isnt getting a xmas break this January, will have to see closer to the day if we can make it. Where is it going to be held?
(btw, Im a full time stay at home mum, kids are teens now, hmm old enough to look after themselves perhaps? lol i have sat at my pc since Friday, reading the T1 thread, totally engrossed in the photos and stories.. I reckon its enough to be published in a tourist magazine or book...)

glitch
20-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Pete, you have a lot to answer for my friend and I think you're gunna get it when we all meet up at the rally, if not before. :poke::cdle:bow:
Bring on Fire and Ice............:looney: :so:bs

Who?
Me??

:muahaha::muahaha:

glitch
20-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Australia Day... grrr.. husband isnt getting a xmas break this January, will have to see closer to the day if we can make it. Where is it going to be held?

Just down the road from you :chug:
http://www.austouring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2438

So far, there's about 20 coming....and from all over the place.
Happy to see Don from Brissie again... there's at least Graeme from Adelaide (possibly bringing another couple of croweaters), Newcastle and Siddeney...
it's shaping up well.

Also got this year's V-Strom Farkle-King roped into it...think we've gotta start a pot to get Jamie pissed senseless right at the start, so he quits bothering everyone about what bling they should bolt onto their bikes :guff:guff:guff

Hunter_Gatherer
21-07-2009, 10:39 AM
(btw, Im a full time stay at home mum, kids are teens now, hmm old enough to look after themselves perhaps? lol i have sat at my pc since Friday, reading the T1 thread, totally engrossed in the photos and stories.. I reckon its enough to be published in a tourist magazine or book...)

Well thats easy then, just leave hubby at home and come along anyway:woot:. There will be plenty of us to look after you :whistle:(if you need it) otherwise just good company and great roads.
Yep, as I said Pete has a lot at answer for...........:bt