PDA

View Full Version : A Top ride from Canberra - Tumut - Adaminaby - Namadgi NP - Canberra

Emmjay
03-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Hi all

Just joined up today following an invite from Glitch. I posted a ride report on the VSRI forum the other day and Glitch offered to host a copy here.

I hope you all enjoy reading it - it was a fantastic ride and heaps of fun. We wanted to test out our new V-Stroms, and they didn't disappoint I can assure you.

Anyway - here's the link:

http://www.conderjoyces.net/Tumut/index.htm

Any feedback would be really appreciated coz this is the first ride report I've ever done.

Cheers

Michael

glitch
04-01-2008, 07:19 AM
http://www.conderjoyces.net/Tumut/index.htm

Any feedback would be really appreciated coz this is the first ride report I've ever done.
Cheers
Michael

....and a good one it is!:so:so
Thanks for the effort and thanks for sharing :clap::clap:
Also thanks for increasing the font size...I know how much trouble that can be in Publisher, as you have to increse the size of the text boxes, then the pic-boxes don't line up etc etc.
Been there, done that...

Btw...the road from Piccadilly Circus links into Goobragandra? or Argalong?
Thanks for that info, as the only east-west "connector" I knew of was the Wee Jasper-Tumut road...There ya go, trust the locals :so

Good to see Blowering Dam's got some water in it again...it looked very sad last year.

Emmjay
04-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks Pete - it was a bit of a hassle re-arranging withe the bigger font size but was worth it in the end.

The Brindabella Rd runs from Piccadilly Circus down the other side of the brindies to the Goodradigbee River - it then forks to the right and eventually joins the Wee Jasper Rd nearer to Tumut. It goes through the Bondo State Forest a few kms to the north of Argalong. It doesn't join up with the Goobarragandra Rd, which runs further south.

If you take the other fork at the Goodradigbee, this is the Long Plains Road and it follows the valley all the way to the Snowy Mountains Highway - it comes out about 10kms on the western side of Kiandra - its dirt all the way to the highway.

I think I'll have to do a bit more exploring out around this area because there's so many good dirt roads around that the Wee would love I just can't miss out on them:D

Cheers

Michael

nev
04-01-2008, 12:00 PM
I love that run from Tumut down past Blowering Dam. Last time I was up there (Nov 2006) I took this photo of my bike at the end of the boat ramp. There was still another 50 metres or so from there down to the water. When I compared my GPS position to the readings in Google earth, my position compared to the normal water level was 250 metres from the shore, and 20 metres under water. That's a hellova lot of rain/snow they're waiting for.
http://www.thisstupidurl.com/2006/SR500Rally2006/slides/IMG_7452.JPG

glitch
04-01-2008, 04:43 PM
The Brindabella Rd runs from Piccadilly Circus down the other side of the brindies to the Goodradigbee River - it then forks to the right and eventually joins the Wee Jasper Rd nearer to Tumut. It goes through the Bondo State Forest a few kms to the north of Argalong. It doesn't join up with the Goobarragandra Rd, which runs further south.

If you take the other fork at the Goodradigbee, this is the Long Plains Road and it follows the valley all the way to the Snowy Mountains Highway - it comes out about 10kms on the western side of Kiandra - its dirt all the way to the highway.

Thanks for that info...we'll give one or both of them a go next time we're around there...:so

Emmjay
04-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Next time you're by this way let me know and we'll organise a Canberra V-Strom get-together and plan a good ride through the area - the Long Plains Road to the Snowy Mountains highway then down to the Yarrangibilly Caves for lunch and then back by the Boboyan Road would be a good ride:so

Cheers

Michael