Tassie 2011 (The Waterfall Tour)

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Throughout the last 2 weeks travelling round the state we have visited a number of waterfalls (10 all up by my counting).

Here are some pics of the nine I saw

Kicked off with Preston Falls above Gunns Plains

DSC_0605.jpg

Next was Meetus Falls, a few kays up the MS road off the Lake Leake road.

DSC_0701.jpg

St Columba Falls at Pyengana are one of the highest in Tassie at 90m.

DSC_0781.jpg

Ralph falls is up the top end of the valley of Ringarooma and the Mt Victoria reserve.

DSC_0799.jpg

Mathinna Falls, about 8 kms out of Mathinna.

DSC_0903.jpg

Nelson Falls on the way to Queenstown after the descent of Mt Arrowsmith.

DSC_0016.jpg

Montezuma Falls were in there too, but I went to Hobart to see Tim Minchin in concert. Andreas and Suse got pics which you may have already seen.

Waratah Falls, right in the town

DSC_0257.jpg

Dip Falls in off the North coast between Stanley and Wynyard

DSC_0287.jpg

Guide Falls out the back of Ridgley

DSC_0329.jpg

DonQx

Chasing dreams in slo mo
very nice! thx

Suse also spotted them at lunch today (she's not signed up to AT ... yet? ... )

Eagle-lady

Getting the hang of it
:wot:I have never heard of some of these places, pretty discusting when I have lived here all my life.
Think I need to stick my head a little further out of the box I live in

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Hehe....yeah, it turned out that way.
Then again, there's water abso-bloody-lutely everywhere in Tassie... with that wet summer and all.

ALL dams on the island are full to overflowing, any marsh-land rather looks like a lake with endless tiny islets dotted all over the place, the rivers are chokers....it's simply an AWESOME sight!!

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
To be honest, Annette, probably the only falls I have been to before this was Dip Falls, and I was so young I can't remember it, but I can remember going to the Big Tree just up the way from it. And we didn't really go to Ralph Falls, though I could see it, so that will have to be a trip for later.

Some of the lakes still have a way to go to being full to the brim though, look at Great Lake and Lake Burbury for example. Still was a great sight. Went up to the Trevallyn Dam last night and watched all the water going over the top, and then down to the Duck Reach Power Station (no longer working). Duck Reach was the first Hydro Electric power station in Australia to power a city, and someone was telling me today they had heard of plans to make it a working power station again, though not sure how that would go with heritage listings and such.

DonQx

Chasing dreams in slo mo
Here's #10 ... while you were pre-occupied with going to or from some silly concert somewhere ;-) ...

Montezuma Falls near Zeehan, Tassie's highest?

Pics by Suse

2011-03%20AusTouring.com%20Tas%20Trip%20519.JPG

2011-03%20AusTouring.com%20Tas%20Trip%20506.JPG

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Yep, a lot of water. Mind you, some of those would have been roaring, especially St Columba, after all the rain they got the week just after we were there. Weldborough Hotel was cut off, wouldn't have been a bad place to get stranded.....as long as the beer didn't run out!

Top Bottom