Three good men in a forest

Captn Spock

Ride along and prosper
Staff member
Ant, another friend Jeff and I decided to venture out to the Toolangi forest and surrounding areas. The day started with a catchup at Diamond Creek mcdonalds. From there we went up to St andrews then cut across to Buttermans track to get to Yarra Glen.

The next section of the ride was aimed at getting to Toolangi from here. But this part of the ride I had'nt planned or mapped. We decided to keep going on SkyLine road and then it looked like we'd end up on Healesville kinglake road but we ended up in someones house lol. :lol::lol:

Turned around and took left at steels creek road and kept going. Same thing happened. Ended up on someones house, dead end. Only this time there was a dog on that property lol. :killingme:killingme

Then I gave up, onto Melba highway then right and then onto toolangi forest through Sylvia creek road. The temperature dropped to 11'C in the forest and visibility was shit due to severe fog. We decided to take a quick exit through main dirt roads to Buxton. Lunch was had with some chips.

THen back in to the Black ranges. This time, the sun had cleared the fog. So we decided to do some 4x4 tracks. This is when the strom was dropped for the first time on a ride. (I have dropped teh strom before but in the drive way!!:killingme)

Here are some photos after the drop and from times when i stopped to look at the map. not many photos from the morning because we had our hands full with the Fog and getting lost :bs:bs

In the right spirit of photography, the first thing I asked the boys to do after I had a fall was to take a photo! :looney::looney:

P1030004_zpsaf9e4779.jpg

P1030003_zps0aa6b262.jpg

I am lost again!!
P1030002_zps9a60dd3c.jpg

You are officially a lunatic.

The Strom owners manual specifically says that Stroms and muddy tracks do not mix. Maybe being a boy you didn't read it. :D

Captn Spock

Ride along and prosper
Staff member
You are officially a lunatic.

The Strom owners manual specifically says that Stroms and muddy tracks do not mix. Maybe being a boy you didn't read it. :D

I was skeptical initially when I saw the tracks were muddy due to rain but then I was reminded of something awesome Sir Francis taught me a while ago. "Grip is over-rated." :bs

No really, that track ended up being even more handful further ahead! :eek: :eek:

I was desperately trying to get some mud on the suit to look more credible but didnt happen. I ended up in that puddle but only a few mud marks on the pants! :clap:

CamStrom

Tear along dotted line!
Love it!

Funny thing is when you drop a Strom, you just go, "oh well"
On a roady, you'd be crying a farken river!

Did you find it light to pick up? I was really surprised at how easy mine was to right up again after my first fall.

Onya!

Did you find it light to pick up? I was really surprised at how easy mine was to right up again after my first fall.

Adrenalin. Wait 10 minutes and the bike will feel 100kg heavier.
It's often how people compound injuries after get offs. They pick the bike up thinking nothing is wrong and then realise that they have an injury that has become worse.

ant

AngryAnt
Love it!

Funny thing is when you drop a Strom, you just go, "oh well"
On a roady, you'd be crying a farken river!

Onya!

Jeff and Viv did the picking up, less about the weight and more about the bike sliding in the mud I think, but they did it pretty easily. I nearly came off in the same puddles, despite going round on the right rather than through the middle. O'course, my mad mud skilz got me through...

Top Bottom