Touring XT Style

Williamson

Part of the furniture
How do you ride the XT around 270km to and from Halls Gap? Set the cruise on 110km/h on the Western Freeway? Arrive bright and fresh for a day's dirt riding? Easy, put the XT on a bike trailer, hook the trailer up to the Ranger and snooze whilst Helen drives.

That was Saturday, Saturdee night saw us having dinner with few AusTourers (VTwin & Canary, and Mrs Haysey), a few ADVRiders and a few Spyder operators (not sure you call 'em riders).

Sunday saw us (Pete, Alan, Scott and me) heading off around 10:00am via the blacktop to Zumstiens.

And then via some dirt roads and track with some lookouts with spectacular views.

Pete on Red Rock Road, first visit.

On the way to the second visit and up to this point the XT behaved faultlessly, but I must've been pushing the old beast a bit hard because somewhere along Matthews Track, in a soft sandy section the XT was very tired and decided it needed a rest, a lie down, a snooze, a whatever. I think it had try to tell me, but I didn't listen, I should've 'cause an angry XT can buck very hard. Pete, Alan and Scott were ahead, out of sight, but three kind gents in the above pictured ST (that's a Patrol ST) helped out.

The sore shoulder, bruises and my ego will heal, but at 63, it might take a bit longer than I would've liked.
:sick:

On the way home on Monday we found a Bills at Bacchus.

Might be a few weeks or more before the next ride, Powelltown, Noojee sounds good, but not before July, all weekends until then are already booked.

asphalt

Tassie...where tyres are flat and nights are long
Ask Hans ? W-):wink::killingme

Sweet pics, oh yeah!

Yo, them XT's can bite, too.
Thanks for the post + pics....and bit of a giggle:whistle:

I did not count the scratches But, yeah, this bike is just great!:clap:
Great pics from the Red Rock Road....Thanks for sharing Williamson

Last edited:

KingStrom

Long Timer
Bet you're glad you had the ratepayer provided Ranger to haul the XT back home on the trailer instead of riding all that way, you owe Doug a beer for his generosity in paying his rates to keep you in the lifestyle to which you have become accustomed...lol!!!

farawayman

Long Timer
Bet you're glad you had the ratepayer provided Ranger to haul the XT back home on the trailer instead of riding all that way, you owe Doug a "Slab" of beer for his generosity in paying his rates to keep you in the lifestyle to which you have become accustomed...lol!!!

Fixed

Top Bottom