Sugar-loop at Sugarloaf

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
With a few hours at hand and some sunny skies promised...and delivered, Saturday turned out the best day of the last weekend.
The Husky needed a leg-stretch and a warm-up loop for the 12.000k service (yes, we're on Jap-schedule, not the BMW-calender of 10.000k's intervals).

A dirty-brown Yarra River after a week of drizzle and showers (and a deserted canoe-launching ramp at the end of Lower Homestead Rd.)

SugarLoop_001.JPG

Strangely there weren't any of the usual packs of roos around...

SugarLoop_002.JPG

First ray of sunshine :D

SugarLoop_003.JPG

View from Menzies Rd., above the Bend of Islands

SugarLoop_004.JPG

Lots of puddles and some greasy up+down through the backblocks to Sugarloaf Dam...which is just as deserted as the boatramp.

SugarLoop_005.JPG

SugarLoop_006.JPG

Wot? Spring already?

SugarLoop_007.JPG

A bit of sky-gazing...

SugarLoop_008.JPG

SugarLoop_009.JPG

Hey!! There IS life around here!

SugarLoop_010.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
SugarLoop_011.JPG

SugarLoop_012.JPG

Buggered up the shots when a small group of bikes came along...

SugarLoop_013.JPG

Someone's watching me

SugarLoop_014.JPG

Along Muir Rd.....Sugarloaf Creek in the gully at my feet, Sugarloaf Dam wall and Melbourne CBD in the distance.

SugarLoop_015.JPG

Re-visited some little gravel roads and tracks off Buttermans Track/ Mt. Wise, dragged a friendly GS12 punter to the lookout at Skyline for a bit of a chinwag and some glorious views.

Dragged another GS12 out of Donnellys Creek in the back of Healesville, met Marty and most of his Europe-Crew at the Beechworth Bakery (skipped the coffee there, too busy), skidded the Husky across some glistening mud of Pantons Gap for a pie+coffee at the Gladysdale Bakehouse, then took the easy way home via Shepstation Creek and a quick loop of Carters Lane before the nip-over-the-top of Mt. D for the gravel-way into Montrose.

Plenty of dropped branches and greenery all over.
Nice little loop.
The face of the drowned GSer when I gave him the 20y/o Nokia to call his wife after he discovered the demise of his waterlogged $1000 Iphone....PRICELESS! :killingme

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Took the ST out for a squirt today, went past the Sugarloaf Reservoir turnoff, twice, when riding along the Eltham - Yarra Glen Road.

Stopped for a coffee at Healesville, dropped some boot off at the good ole boot repairer. (Are there any others these days? Some info would be appreciated.)

Then on to Warburton, Reefton Spur (not too much tree litter, but a bit damp in places), pie and coffee at Marysville, quick sprint over the Black Spur (road clear of tree litter, nice and dry, a clear of traffic), just like the good ole days, and back home by 3:00pm.

Took some pics, will post 'em later.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Later .....

There's a challenge on the OzSTOC Forum to get a pic of your ST in front of township signs. I took a couple of pics today.

And at other 'iconic' locations, for other members workout where the pic was taken.

Sometimes I alter the pic to throw the others off.

The temp was cool, around 7C to 8C. At Cumberland Junction, it dropped to 5C.

Kitted-out today in merino thermals, kevlar jeans, double lined jacket and was comfortable, the Jett heated vest stayed n the side box, but had the heated grips on 50% setting.

twowheeler

two wheels are best
..... dropped some boot off at the good ole boot repairer. (Are there any others these days? Some info would be appreciated.)

Mark's Shoe Repair, Station Street, Ferntree Gully. Been there as long as I can remember, 1 man show, cash only, closes for 10mins at lunch - old school. We use him for shoe repairs, resoles, zip repair, leather restitching. He's always busy so it can't be just us that like him.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Mark's Shoe Repair, Station Street, Ferntree Gully. Been there as long as I can remember, 1 man show, cash only, closes for 10mins at lunch - old school. We use him for shoe repairs, resoles, zip repair, leather restitching. He's always busy so it can't be just us that like him.

I'd love to throw a "like" at that!
(notwithstanding that I can offer exactly the same things as well...and then some. Got the tools, got the old machinery and patchers and stretchers...and love cash :)
Lunch breaks are optional, though...

Crustyvarmint

Back road wanderer
Hey Michael. What do you keep in the small container attached to your keyring?
Or is it a geocache I need to discover?

Williamson

Part of the furniture

:thumbs:

I'd love to throw a "like" at that!
(notwithstanding that I can offer exactly the same things as well...and then some. Got the tools, got the old machinery and patchers and stretchers...and love cash :)
Lunch breaks are optional, though...

:so

I'll see how Healesville goes, it's a good ride to and fro anyway.

Hey Michael. What do you keep in the small container attached to your keyring?
Or is it a geocache I need to discover?

Contains my GTN pills, something to pop under the tongue whilst I'm waiting for the MICA ambulance to arrive.

Top Bottom