Adelaide to Cobar Loop

thedecepticon

Getting the hang of it
Well, been lurking and got deleted and stuff, so I'd better make good and post something now I've re-joined. :p

Did a ride to Cobar from Adelaide then along the bitumen to Broken Hill and Wentworth then along the Old Mail Rd outside of Mildura to Renmark in the Riverland to see my father with a scoot along Pipeline Rd back to Adelaide. Took me 5 days and was a precursor to a ride to Cairns and back so I could see some of the southerly tracks. Hoping some guys might be able to ride and give feedback on some of the northern tracks I have mapped out.

Anyway, hope you like the video, I'm a bit of two left feet and stiff as cardboard with that sort of thing.

Heading out of Adelaide through the Adelaide Hills
original.jpg

Heading to Ivanhoe from Mildura
original.jpg

After smashing over one grid that looked ok at about 8okph, I decided this one deserved more respect as approaching it at speed it did not look right.
original.jpg

original.jpg

Stopping before Ivanhoe for smoko and tyre pressures
original.jpg

The Wool Track into Cobar
original.jpg

GoPro capture from the ride to Broken Hill from Cobar
original.jpg

The Bra Tree on the way to Wentworth
original.jpg

Joining of the Darling and the Murray
original.jpg

Pipeline Rd
original.jpg

Video Part 1

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsAXoz4WN_w

:D:D

Last edited:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Anyway, hope you like the video, I'm a bit of two left feet and stiff as cardboard with that sort of thing.

Whowww...this is one of the very few occasions where I reckon the video beats the pics.....exceptional piece of work there! :clap:

One of those days we'll have to talk about that Old Mail Rd.

Is that the one? (or part of it?)
http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/630513/Murray-Sunset-NP-Wallpolla-map.pdf

Some pics here
https://dotk.smugmug.com/Australien-2007-2008/10-Old-Mail-Route/

thedecepticon

Getting the hang of it
Whowww...this is one of the very few occasions where I reckon the video beats the pics.....exceptional piece of work there! :clap:

Is that the one? (or part of it?)
http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/630513/Murray-Sunset-NP-Wallpolla-map.pdf

Some pics here
https://dotk.smugmug.com/Australien-2007-2008/10-Old-Mail-Route/

Thanks Pete, glad you liked it. I have to get on and get part 2 out.

Yep, that be the road! I have some favourite river tracks along there as well that I detoured off and did while there.

I was banging along the mail rd getting faster and faster having a great time and really had to talk myself down to 100kph to make sure I made it out the other side!! Love it!:thumbs:

John_Johnny

Long Timer
GoPro capture from the ride to Broken Hill from Cobar
original.jpg

That's outstanding Graham! Those wispy white clouds, blue sky, red soil, grey tarmac. Nature's rainbow. Riding through the desert makes you realise how vast Australia is and gives one a peaceful feeling of solitude where the mysteries of the universe can be pondered. We're only a small part of the equation.
Hats off to ya! :gday:

thedecepticon

Getting the hang of it
Thanks everyone, glad you like the pics and video. I love being out here, the wide open space and the sky from horizon to horizon. We are so tiny in reality and our lives are so fleeting in comparison to the universe. :shock:

Anyway, back to reality.... :D

TimC

Tour Pro

Indeed. When you go back, make sure to let me know. That and some of the smaller tracks through Hattah-Kulkyne National Park, although I've never even been into the Murray Sunset and Big Desert NPs, and I lived near Mildura for 3 years (it's amazing how much more beautiful the place is when you're not a teenager and you've got a bike).

thedecepticon

Getting the hang of it
I'm trying to get the second half out however it looks like we are buying a house and shifting so it could be a while. That puts my trip to Cairns next year in jeopardy as I might have to take some time off to shift as we have a lot of stuff being in one place for 12 years. :eek:

So, good news for us I guess. I'll try to get it out before we move but it could be as quick as 30 days. :D

Top Bottom