Post Pandemic Pub Parma and Pot Plot

nev

Super Térrarist
Since I have no work, and Jo is working from home, and the government has allowed pubs to reopen their accommodation and dining rooms, I felt it was my moral duty to kill 3 birds with one stone. Leave Jo to work in peace, have a post pandemic parma and pot and spread some wealth around the countryside.

I planned out a route, plugged it into the GPS, fired up the Terra and took off on Thursday morning.

New armco barriers I hadn't noticed before on Ridge Road around the back of Yan Yean Reservoir.

IMG_1781.JPG

From Whittlesea I headed over the top of Mt Disappointment.

IMG_1784.JPG

It's amazing to think that it has been 11 years since the Bushfires ripped through here. There are a few stumps of dead tree stumps which are higher than the growth, but the regrowth is so thick you'd never know that this whole area was burnt to bare earth a decade ago.

IMG_1787.JPG

I hit the Yea road at Flowerdale and headed towards Yea before taking a detour down Dairy Creek Road. The last time I came down here I think I still had my Buell.

IMG_1789.JPG

Through Ghin Ghin and Highlands

IMG_1792.JPG

IMG_1793.JPG

I take Hughes Creek Road towards Tarcombe.

IMG_20200604_130439.jpg

IMG_1805_stitch.jpg

Crossing Hughes Creek near Bungle Bori Station

IMG_1797_stitch.jpg

Down Red Gate Lane, through Longwood and out to Nagambie, then across Kirwans Bridge

IMG_1823.JPG

I took Reedy Lake Road up to Whroo

IMG_1831.JPG

During the 1860s about 100 of the 700 odd residents of this area were chinese gold diggers and market gardeners.

IMG_20200604_145758.jpg

Then into Stanhope for the night, staying in a room at the pub.

IMG_20200604_162507.jpg

IMG_20200605_075008.jpg

War memorial in town

IMG_20200604_162208.jpg

I made some friends

IMG_20200604_163448.jpg

If you need planter boxes, but you only have refrigerators, improvise.

IMG_20200604_164931.jpg

My first pub parma since lockdown started in March

IMG_20200604_191008.jpg

This morning I took a slightly different route home.

South out of Stanhope

IMG_1838.JPG

Old Kilmore Road Costerfield

IMG_1839.JPG

IMG_1842.JPG

I took Dairy Flat Rd from Heathcote to Baynton then Ridge road through Cobaw State Forest. I didn't realise how cold it would be there. A elevation over 700 metres which was higher than Highlands yesterday, and it was cold there.

IMG_1844.JPG

After lunch at a chinese noodle shop in Romsey I headed home via the Old Sydney Road.

A view of Mt Fraser on the left and Bald Hill on the right, two volcanic cones just north of Melbourne.

IMG_1848_stitch.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?...&ll=-37.10343610561981,145.04708449999998&z=9

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
:clap:

Nice stuff, great weather....and a bucket full of familiar places and names.
Was wondering if that one shot was Ponkeen Ck. Rd.....some good water on that rock-slab creek crossing on Red Gate Ln?

With all the rain we've had...I've only seen it about 6" deep once, but slippery as hell.:eek:

You've most likely done it, but instead of the tarseal of the Longwood-Ruffy, take the Gap Rd. towards Longford next time, the southern half to Upton Rd. is nice.
After that it's just another gravel bush road.

Tks for the yarns and pics :thumbs:

nev

Super Térrarist
:clap:

Nice stuff, great weather....and a bucket full of familiar places and names.
Was wondering if that one shot was Ponkeen Ck. Rd.....some good water on that rock-slab creek crossing on Red Gate Ln?

There was water flowing over the rock, but only about an inch or two deep I reckon. No slip at all that I noticed.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
There was water flowing over the rock, but only about an inch or two deep I reckon. No slip at all that I noticed.

Sounds like the 'Bogies haven't had too much rain then.
That narrow, little farm track is one of my favorites up around there.
Sinclairs Ln also comes to mind...nothing special until you hit that weird patch about halfway, it's also getting neglected/ overgrown/ underused. Lots of dropped branches and dead timber around...gotta go back up soon for another look.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Sounds like the 'Bogies haven't had too much rain then.
That narrow, little farm track is one of my favorites up around there.
Sinclairs Ln also comes to mind...nothing special until you hit that weird patch about halfway, it's also getting neglected/ overgrown/ underused. Lots of dropped branches and dead timber around...gotta go back up soon for another look.

Might be time to visit the Ruffy General Store for another lunch.

2009 was my last visit via the dirt.

Yes, it'll soon be time to ride there again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom