oot and aboot in the west

nev

Super Térrarist
After working 4 weekends straight, I needed to get away. The Husky hasn't been out of the garage since the film festival in Bright in Feb *shame* and the tyres which were fitted 12 months ago (but only 5000km or so) have one ride left in them.

The day started off a bit dreary, but the further we got from home the better the day got. I guess the meteorologists would say there was a low pressure trough.

First stop was in Mill Park, where Willy if often said to have his snout in the trough.

Millpark.jpg

Then South Morang
Southmorang.jpg

Across Mt Disappointment to Kilmore
Kilmore.jpg

Lancefield
Lancefield.jpg

Past stonehenge
Stonehenge.jpg

Spring Gully
Springgully.jpg

Stopped at Jag's Grill in Bendigo for some chaff (and a quesadilla, taco and some fried chicken) before heading up to the Bendigo showgrounds
Bendigo.jpg

California Gully
Californiagully.jpg

The Marong Family hotel has drinks for the whole family, and their steeds,
Marong.jpg

Bridgewater
Bridgewater.jpg

and finally tied up the reigns for the day in Inglewood vic.
Inglewood.jpg

KingStrom

Long Timer
Nice little jaunt out that way Nev, I see the riders were well fed throughout the trip, good to see!!!

nev

Super Térrarist
Inglewood is a quaint little town on the Calder Hwy with plenty of history dating back to the gold rush.
House.jpg

The local butcher has been in the same shop for 70 years. He even has a sense of humour
Butcher.jpg

Headed off this morning south, first stop Bealiba
Bealiba.jpg

Dunolly's trough has been adapted for Shetland ponies, presumably
Dunolly.jpg

south to Timor
Timor.jpg

Maryborough
Maryborough.jpg

Carisbrook
Carisbrook.jpg

Majorca
Majorca.jpg

Stopped for lunch at the much raved about Glenlyon General Store. They were doing a booming Father's day trade, and were pretty full, but the food was reasonably fast, and the food excellent.

and one more stop in Woodend before we headed home.
Woodend.jpg

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
Seems we,re on the same page Dunc! I,m missing them also :(
I mean REALLY missing them! sounds like a great ride :)

Crustyvarmint

Back road wanderer
I can't see the pics either, but there are Bills Horsetroughs in those locations.
I'm guessing Nev got so excited by them that his hand was shaking, and he couldn't post the pics! :glu
Was that first pic at Parkland Primary School, Blossom Park Dr, Mill park Nev?

Williamson

Part of the furniture
I can't see the pics either .......

First pic in first post, good; remainder in first post, bad. Second (of Nev's post) all good. Someone will be along soon to fix 'em - well let's hope so.

..... Was that first pic at Parkland Primary School, Blossom Park Dr, Mill park Nev?

Ahem! Plenty Parklands PS, lesson over. Is this the one to which you refer, Derek?

Roundabouts anyone,? We even put 'em mid-block we don't need an intersection.

Crustyvarmint

Back road wanderer
Yes, that's the one Michael, but it appears to have been moved since I last saw it. Not far, but different background to my pic (which I don't know how to post)!

nev

Super Térrarist
Weird.. All of the pics work for me.
I updated all the links. hopefully they work now.

Top Bottom