Over The Shoulder....Rides through the Decades

nev

Super Térrarist
Re: 2002...Grampians_December

Can’t remember everyone who came for this one and there aren’t all that many pics.

Going by the bikes in front of the old store in Princetown....Jason’s Blue Viffer on the right.... no idea, who’s that naked Bandit (250?) is...Al’s “Amelia”, the old, red CX, and he rode that bucket like an R1:lol:...Sasha’s ZZR and MickG’s “Handbag”...Suzie’s blue ZR7 and Paul’s TL behind that...
There was Garry on the Peg, Sarah on the Zeal, Latte-Dave on the Cibber6 of course...and myself on the XT6....possibly others.
I had been up near Roxby Downs in SA and I met you guys on my return trip for the evening's entertainment in Halls Gap and the ride back to Melbourne. That was the ride when Paul (Drizzt) had worked the friday nightshift and just tagged along for the first hour/two hours/till lunchtime/all the way and got to Halls Gap with no spare clothes apart from the leathers he was wearing so he went to the shop across from the caravan park and bought a pair of short. Who can forget him walking up the road to the pub that night wearing leather jacket, bike boots and shorts !!

Sarah dropped the Zeal and busted one of those unobtainable front-masks....someone else, who’d already sold his bike before moving overseas the week after, went arse-up in a ditch near the lookout....whatever it was, it was NEVER BORING!! :icon-maffick-::icon-maffick-:

I forget his name but he was riding a Zeal too. I took a couple of pics

not_so_much_zeal.jpg

shady_tree_in_Daylesford.jpg

lunchtime.jpg

last_fuel_stop.jpg

who_are_you_calling_a_two_fifty_rider.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member

Who can forget him walking up the road to the pub that night wearing leather jacket, bike boots and shorts !!

YES, YES!!! That's it!! Still see him in front of me walking down the main drag to the pub....the girl behind the counter did a triple-take, too.

I forget his name but he was riding a Zeal too. I took a couple of pics

Great to have some more pics around.....that's right, another Zeal. Wasn't that a naked-version, modernized FZR donk?
Those things went like stink.

nev

Super Térrarist

Great to have some more pics around.....that's right, another Zeal. Wasn't that a naked-version, modernized FZR donk?
Those things went like stink.

I think those two were the only ones I ever saw. Yeah, 4cyl 250 from memory

Hytram

<-- now went that way

Going by the bikes in front of the old store in Princetown....Jason’s Blue Viffer on the right.... no idea, who’s that naked Bandit (250?) is...Al’s “Amelia”, the old, red CX, and he rode that bucket like an R1:lol:...Sasha’s ZZR and MickG’s “Handbag”...Suzie’s blue ZR7 and Paul’s TL behind that...
There was Garry on the Peg, Sarah on the Zeal, Latte-Dave on the Cibber6 of course...and myself on the XT6....possibly others.

the only person I can remember with a 250 bandit was a friend of Jason and Sarah's call Jen...

BTW, Jason and Sarah have moved to Qatar, Jason got a job there they and the 2 kids have upped and moved, good on them I reckon

Hytram

<-- now went that way
Re: 2002_Netrider Eildon

August

Just a few days after the Girlz-Ride, the pack assembled at The Basin.
L-R: Rupert (damige)...Marty (MartyH)....Mike (Moike)...John Birrel...??blank???...Goodie...Danny, TT600 Trumpy....Wayne Holderhead in the suit, stirring the shyte before going to work....???another blank???

There also must’ve been Paul (drizzt), who rode that cyclopic, purple Gix750

IMG_1628.JPG

Voyster? Rode the Le Mans Guzzi

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Re: November '01__6_peaks #1

Looks like Lee. He had a Babyblade back in those days I think. Last time I remember seeing him was on the 2002 BMW Icicle Ride, he was riding a Gixxer 600.

Goodie remembered, he chucked that Babyblade on the Mt. Dandy Tourist Rd., in the lefthander just out of Sassafras, where there used to be a tree-root lifting the inside asphalt by a good 4 inches.
No idea what made him go that tight that early but that bump launched the Blade across the road and down the embankment, landing on someone's driveway.
He was ok, though....just pissed off, 'cause he wasn't insured, IIRC.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Re: 2002_Netrider Eildon

that was the day my love affair started with that road.....

I cant work out for the life of me where my luggage is:???:

Luggage? Wot luggage, Crusty? :bs

the only person I can remember with a 250 bandit was a friend of Jason and Sarah's call Jen...

BTW, Jason and Sarah have moved to Qatar, Jason got a job there they and the 2 kids have upped and moved, good on them I reckon

Qatar? Christ, what a change that is! Jen, yeah...that tickles some very faint memories. She only was a round for pretty short time...

Voyster? Rode the Le Mans Guzzi

No idea...name doesn't ring a bell, either....AusMoto or NR?

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Re: Over The Shoulder....Rides Of A Decade

There will be more...LOTS more.
Struggling a little at the moment because I tripped overr a fairly major , 2-week, ride (BananaRama in 2003) of which no RideReport was ever written by the looks of it.:(:(

Got all the pics (all 650 of 'em!!:eek:), but they've barely been sorted into day-folders, no weeding or "turning-around", cropping, fixing etc. has been done.

This one is holding up the "flow" a bit...but man, what a ride it was!!

Okay....this really was part of the idea of the thread, anyway.
Has anyone got any stuff for 2004?
I can't find anything at all, no pics, no RR-files :???::???:
I'm sure we DID ride that year!! :doh:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Nov. 2003...BananaRama

Late in the year, late November...
5000k's of one-way cruising Brisbane to Melbourne and the first time ever we'd shipped bikes somewhere.

9 for the core-group, plus "temps" along the way...Latte-Dave and Nev joined up later, the Brisbane AusMoto contingent gave us a farewell at Mt. Glorious, Lemmiwinks turned up in Walcha, Alex and Gayle in Gloucester...

Mick was on the 9er by now.... it was Sasha's last trip on the ZZR250, the bike already sold before the start of the ride....Guenther's first ever "big ride"...
John touring on an overloaded R1...Nigel and his unforgettable twin-esky Strom, carrying everything up to a 5ton hydraulic jack :eek::eek:

banana_core.JPG

Brilliant stuff in the BrisVegas Hinterland, like the steep singlelaners across the Bunya Mountains

banana_007.JPG

"Happy-Cruising" in the Border Ranges

banana_012a.JPG

The wonders of Girraween National Park

banana_021.JPG

And it certainly wasn't a sombre affair

banana_023.JPG

Some rare visitors popped in, too

banana_033a.JPG

It just doesn't get much better than this.

banana_054.JPG

Full story and more pics here:
http://www.austouring.com/forum/showthread.php?p=38007

Top Bottom