[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

The Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco from Marin Headlands.

or the view as Al Capone used to see it.

6151003553_e437cdde65_z.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Timber-shingled farmhouse above Bolzano, Italy...the ragged "Rosegarden" group of peaks ( part of the Dolomites) in the background.
Tornanti #1, 2007

r m

Tour Pro
IMG_20170521_112906_zpsytfncrh7.jpg

IMG_20170423_152352_zpsil7nxsl3.jpg

Here is the new toy. Honda CBR 500 RA.
It had been registered for one year, and had less than 2,300 km's when I bought it a month ago. It is like a new bike.
I am really enjoying riding it. I have done 1,200 km's and I love it.
A nice easy bike to ride. Low centre of gravity, not too heavy, it just feels right. Except for a spot around 5,000 rpm when it gets vibey. A known thing with this model according to the cbr500 forum. Great mirrors. Just a confidence inspiring bike.
Mine has a musarri after market exhaust which the baffle has been removed from. It is pretty loud. Too loud for me really. I am going to get it serviced next week and see if they have any suggestions for getting a baffle for it.
Probably not enough 'go' for lots of you but it would be a great bike for a new rider.
There is an 'off-road' version of the 500 which I Imagine would be pretty good for touring. 15,000km / 1 year service interval.

Last edited:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
IMG_20170423_152352_zpsil7nxsl3.jpg

Here is the new toy. Honda CBR 500 RA.
It had been registered for one year, and had less than 2,300 km's when I bought it a month ago. It is like a new bike.
I am really enjoying riding it. I have done 1,200 km's and I love it.
A nice easy bike to ride. Low centre of gravity, not too heavy, it just feels right. Except for a spot around 5,000 rpm when it gets vibey. A known thing with this model according to the cbr500 forum. Great mirrors. Just a confidence inspiring bike.
Mine has a musarri after market exhaust which the baffle has been removed from. It is pretty loud. Too loud for me really. I am going to get it serviced next week and see if they have any suggestions for getting a baffle for it.
Probably not enough 'go' for lots of you but it would be a great bike for a new rider.
There is an 'off-road' version of the 500 which I Imagine would be pretty good for touring.

Nice !! :clap:
Yo, the CB500X is quite a popular bike in the D/S scene, Rally Raid even makes a complete kit for them with 17/19 wire wheels etc.
http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/honda-cb500x-off-road-kit/

It's a P-twin, so there'll have to be some vibes somewhere.
Let me know if you're running into trouble finding a baffle/ plug for the exhaust can.
And a 500 has certainly got enough go for just about everything...just look at the thousands of GS500s cruising the globe at any given time and place.....and you'll meet 'em in the most unlikely places (where they REALLY don't belong).
Good to see you enjoying it :thumbs:

Top Bottom