View Single Post
Old 17-09-2018, 09:26 AM   #2
nev
Super Térrarist

Default Re: Far Cairn Rally 2018

I was up early and packed and on the road by 7am on Sunday. Rather than the usual bitumen route out to the south I decided to head west. About 50km of good dirt road led to the Henry Parkes Way, about 50km north of Condobolin.

Fuel for the bike here, and an egg and bacon sandwich for me, then I was off again. First stop was an art installation just a few metres south of the town. "Utes in the Paddock" was originally set up about 25km east of here, in Ootha, but was moved to Condo recently.

A quick stop at the Lake in Lake Cargelligo

An even quicker stop in Rankin Springs (years ago I spent 90 minutes in this town early on a weekend morning waiting for the petrol station to open)

Canola crops near Shepparton. I've never really noticed canola this close to Melbourne before, but I guess I haven't been looking in the right places.

Home just before 5pm. Headwinds most of the way south from Lake Cargelligo, but thanks to the protection on the Super Ten I only noticed them on the fuel consumption which was running about 10% higher than normal for most of the day.

Map of the weekend's ride

https://goo.gl/maps/A58caD4LfRx

nev is offline   Reply With Quote