[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

Hytram

<-- now went that way
Username was Dark Clown?

Can't remember his real name but I remember that bike...

It couldn't be killed and boy did a few people try

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Username was Dark Clown?

Can't remember his real name but I remember that bike...

It couldn't be killed and boy did a few people try

"Dark Clown" sounds right....and from memory, that little Handbag had more hits than Elvis. :doh:

I think, in the pic it looked best ever, most other times it was a 10.000rpm billboard for gaffer-tape, plastic glue, cable-ties and the McEwans rattle-can colour palette.

I'm trying to age that pic.
We have a 70s Corona two door, a mid 80s S class Benz, a 1990(?) Magna, a VP Commodore and what i assume is the first series Lancer coupe. The bikes look to be all 80's vintage so I am guessing 92-93?
KR250? That is a real blast from the past. Should have been on the ride on Janices RG250 just for the laughs. :D

Hytram

<-- now went that way
That photo would be ~2001 I reakon,

Just trolled some old aus.moto posts,

The guy in the yellow jacket is Stephen (Dark Clown) and that's his '96 Across that he crashed in late 2000, so it's not before that

Why do I know so much about it..

I bought it off him in Feb 2002.. And crashed it , got fixed by Pete Boss and then sold and I think I bought it back, crashed by someone else, sold again.. Sold again and then I lost track of it..

It just wouldn't die!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
KR250? That is a real blast from the past. Should have been on the ride on Janices RG250 just for the laughs. :D

That would've slotted right into that bunch...

That photo would be ~2001 I reakon,

Just trolled some old aus.moto posts,

The guy in the yellow jacket is Stephen (Dark Clown) and that's his '96 Across that he crashed in late 2000, so it's not before that

Why do I know so much about it..

I bought it off him in Feb 2002.. And crashed it , got fixed by Pete Boss and then sold and I think I bought it back, crashed by someone else, sold again.. Sold again and then I lost track of it..

It just wouldn't die!

:bs Sounds about right...
Couldn't kill the bloody thing with an axe, pic is from one of the after-work midweek rides in 2001.

KR250.... Damage's?

Yo

Squizzy

Long Timer
On the way to Marysville today. Excellent weather, little traffic, another day in paradise :D

P1030654-L.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Playing with other boys toys today

50627114123_f51024497e_b.jpg

Aghhhh, serenity! :D
There ain't nuthin' like a screaming 2-stroke in the morning.

Reminds me to finally clean up the filthy, old Stihl in the garage.
It's been sitting there in its oil-soaked sawdust-crust for the last year or so.

Squizzy

Long Timer
After last weeks breakdown I replaced the coil yesterday. Went for a ride today, no problems. Bike ran very well. When it used to start , it would give a little cough sometimes, not really a backfire, just cough. Nothing today at all. Maybe just my imagination. I measured the coil and the ohms readings were different to the manual, primary was 2 instead of 0.5 and secondary 7.1 instead of 7.5
I dont know enough about this stuff, except to say it is running better and didn't stop. All good. Thanks to Jemo_7 for the hall effect sensor, I will carry that on longer trips now. Should make sure I don't need it. Cheers

P1030686-L.jpg

Top Bottom