How's the serenity? So much serenity...

Sir Francis

Displaced person
To paraphrase the great man… We went to Bonnie Doon. We went to Bonnie Doon. We went to Boonie Doon….

Report to follow.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
A brief delay while I fixed an electrical gremlin. Electrical issues on a British bike, who would ever have thought…:whistle:

Down the hill to Marysville and onto the Cathedral Range for lunch.

Off Cathedral Range.

Garry was very popular with this local…:bs

A cut through on Grannys Lane to Molesworth.

Fuzzy took the lead and raced into the Strathbogies.

We all got caught out on the same sneaky left hand corner…:so

Into Ruffy where it was determined we still had 60km to go and I only had 35km fuel range left…:killingme

I dropped off the ride and headed to Yarck in search of fuel. Note to self – fuel is no longer available in Yarck…:doh:

Sir Francis

Displaced person
I made it to Merton without pushing so I was able to get us set up at the caravan park and was just returning with a carton of beer when the others arrived in Bonnie Doon. :thumbs:

It was soon time for the walk into town for the Bonnie Bar. :woot:

True to their claims they have both beer including a pale ale just launched from the new brewery in Mansfield (check out Social Bandit Brewery on FB)….

…and pizza. Pizza was great although Garry did struggle with the sheep’s turd on the vegetarian selection. :bs

Over dinner Fuzzy was increasingly concerned about a monster storm that his phone app kept warning was heading our way.

Now I’m not sure if it was the beer, the flip flops or Fuzzy’s hurrying us up but for some jumping barbed wire fences was more a challenge than for others…

Give Fuzzy due kudos. The storm hit about 3 minutes are we arrived back at camp. It sure was a good un lasting most of the night. :so

Sir Francis

Displaced person
It was surprising how little water is Lake Eildon.

It’s been a while since this one has seen active duty.

Into Mansfield for breakfast where Fuzzy experience bladder leakage issues resulting in lots of apologies and a mop and bucket…:bs

The plan to loop Mt Sterling was abandoned due to weather. Option two – Mt Buller. Abandoned halfway up when we rode into the clouds.

Garry had introduced us to his little friend over breakfast. This seemed like a good place to drop him off. :bs

Back down the hill. Fuzzy made a dash for home and the remainder made for a loop towards Jamieson.

It quickly turned very slippery. Time for option 4…

Largely bitumen to the Eildon Jamieson Rd.

We dodged storm littler and made a dash for Warbuton via the Acheron Way.

Final coffee in Warburton.

Trip distance: 638km for me

dougman1

Part of the furniture
Garry looks right at home with the Gnomes I thought. :)
There was a bit of an electrical storm here in Melbourne on Saturday night, was wondering if it extended up your way. By the looks of your pics it certainly did.
Nice weekend away by the looks of it!

goodie

First of all - many thanks to Tim for organizing this great weekend :chug: Plenty beer, lots of food, lots of laughs and lots of dusty miles - not necessarily in that order.
I had a ball!
SF already admitted to blowing a fuse and we all know that poor Pete got stuck in the barbed wire fence and ripped his pants.... (We cut him loose just before the thunder storm hit, hehe
but the rest of the gang didn't get away unscathed either: I lost control of my bladder :oops::oops::oops: and so did Fuzzy - copy-cat!
Gerry had a little man on his shoulder, telling him all sorts of things, but nobody believed him - until he got us proof. Sorry Gerry, shouldn't have doubted you!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
SF blowing a fuse...
...Pete stuck in the barbed wire fence and ripped his pants...
.... losing bladder control...
...Gerry had a little man on his shoulder

...a KLR busting a speedo cable before the first km was run..
...then melted another indicator globe
...a thermal liner disintegrating and trying to shed it's fluffy bits...
...a Mansfield Bakery chicken-salad-mayo roll spilling its sloppy guts all over the sleeping bag and thongs in the topbox....

...and a PAIR!!! of KTMs behaving flawlessly, shedding no parts, destroying no rims or engines, nor popping any seals or valves :wot::wot:
...it sure was one hell of a strange weekend :bs:bs

Instead, Goodie found some classy, new gear along the way...

BonnieDoon_01.JPG

The grin is just as wide inside that skid-lid...

BonnieDoon_03.JPG

BonnieDoon_M_02.JPG

BonnieDoon_M_03.JPG

Lunchstop at the new shelter at Sugarloaf Saddle in the Cathedrals

BonnieDoon_M_04.JPG

Some animated conversations...:thumbs:

BonnieDoon_M_05.1.JPG

BonnieDoon_05.JPG

...and then into the Strathbogies under blue skies and sunshine, hooray!! :glu

BonnieDoon_06.JPG

BonnieDoon_07.JPG

Come Sunday and things started to turn sour...the shitstorm brewing over Jamieson/ Delatite

BonnieDoon_08.JPG

BonnieDoon_M_06.JPG

...so we grabbed some smelly, dead fish in Buxton on the way home.
(and where there's smelly, dead fish...there some sunshine around again :doh::bs)

BonnieDoon_09.JPG

Thanks for yet another good ride, the laughs, the excellent pizza, the coldies waiting at the unit, the pitch-black High Country Stout...and somehow arranging to tear the arse outta my pants. Well played, gang!! :killingme:killingme

Top Bottom