These Are My Adventures

thedecepticon

Getting the hang of it
Howdy.

Well, we came, we saw and we got home safely from our 11 day flit through some of New South Wales. My 2nd lad and my daughter came along in his old Holden Rodeo and I took the DR.

We had a ball! Although we did not do all we wanted and get to all the places, we did most of it.

I've made a video Ride Report instead of the conventional photo and write up style so I hope you all find it somewhat interesting.

Constuctive feedback welcome.

https://youtu.be/zcCKNiOJJCc

Cheers! :chug:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
LOL! If you only lasted 4 minutes it must be a crap video! :p

Naw, naw, naw.....that was just after the first 4 mins!! :so
Getting back into it lateron, there's just so much great stuff posted at the moment and I got hung up on Ant's yarn.
Didn't even get around to post more NZ stuff, despite all the pics being upped, ready to link.

thedecepticon

Getting the hang of it
Ha ha, there is a lot of cool stuff kicking around, I agree. :thumbs:

It was also pretty crap of me to chuck a video up and go "Watch this yarn, boys" with out some background info, I have an excuse although I won't use it!! :D

Anyway, now that I have more time, we did a loop from Adelaide into NSW as far north and east as we could manage and get back again in 10-11 days. We travelled 3759 km, visited Mudgee Observatory, the Bathurst Racetrack, the Dish in Parkes and camped every night in tents and swags. As we didn't know too many camp spots we stayed in caravan parks mostly although we had 3 good nights camping in the wild and sitting round a nice camp fire.

My daughter is 14 and she has never done anything like this and she had a ball, promptly asking as soon as we got home when we were going again!! :woot:

Here is a bit of a map of our route, glad to swap GPS tracks if anyone is interested.
original.jpg

Stay shiny side up!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
My daughter is 14 and she has never done anything like this and she had a ball, promptly asking as soon as we got home when we were going again!! :woot:
!

Now THAT... is AWESOME!
Love it when the kids are involved and get a taste for it...does 'em a lot of good, too.

Looks like that tyre-repair was a bit of a hassle there....turned out ok in the end?

thedecepticon

Getting the hang of it
Yep, she's a good kid, doing really well at school and quickly became a useful team member, pitching in and helping out. Were going for a weekender in a couple of weeks and might take a postie for her to learn to ride!

Tyre was porked, big time. We chucked the spare on and got a new one in Nyngan, non matching but still a mud terrain. Amazingly we didn't get slugged tourist tax so wasn't too painful in the end.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
All's well that ends well.

A postie sounds like a great idea...and lotsa fun.

thedecepticon

Getting the hang of it
I ended up finishing a proper ride report of our NSW trip and a ride report of our Tassie escapade. It doesn't compare to some of the great NZ and Euro threads here although I hope you all find something to like.

NSW

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

10 days in Tassie, mostly on the West Coast and into the middle a bit. Plenty to come back for!
medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Both reports here, one after the other. There are a few before that as well.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/these-are-my-adventures.1138992/page-3#post-36403784

:)

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I ended up finishing a proper ride report of our NSW trip and a ride report of our Tassie escapade. It doesn't compare to some of the great NZ and Euro threads here although I hope you all find something to like.

NSW

Mate, it doesn't have to compare at all....it's a different part of the world and you came away with some pretty sweet shots.
Took me a while to go through this....it's quite a yarn!

10 days in Tassie, mostly on the West Coast and into the middle a bit. Plenty to come back for!

Still not finished with the Tassie posts....but aren't you lucky you got there (and out) before it all turned to charcoal.
Yeah, you left yourself a whole bag of good stuff for the next Tassie run.
Again, some good pics with early morning/ late afternoon lighting, beautiful.

Thanks for the heads-up.
(I had already scanned some of the NSW trip on ADV before)
:clap::clap::thumbs:

Top Bottom