Sep 12/13: 2015 Dargo Rally

Sir Francis

Displaced person
A promising start.

I met up with Craig at Longwarry.

A direct indirect route took us to…

It must be a KTM thing but we hadn’t even got our helmets off before Craig was beset by an overly friendly local who started her story back in 1972 and seemed intent on a day by day update…:bs

Highly recommended. :clap:

:thumbs:
The minted lamb sausage rolls were ace.

The ground rumbled and the walls shook when this classic rolled into town.

:endu
It wasn’t long before we found some of this…

Shortly after fuel at Briagalong we took to the Insolvent Track.

It quickly got more interesting.

Back to the bitumen.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
A quick stop.

And we were soon heading in the right direction.

An easy ride down to Talbotville. Plenty of time to enjoy the scenery.

Craig and I thought we were so clever setting our tents up well away from the bikes….

….right up until the 15 4WD full of hunters and hunting dogs set up next to us…:killingme

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Someone looks happy.

So does this chap.

Now it was only early, but Willy was already getting fuzzy…

What do you mean….you’re meant to eat tinned beans at a rally….? :whistle:

I even had some convinced I had carried the full sized table in on the Tiger…:killingme

Sir Francis

Displaced person
A pretty quiet night for me.

Next morning.

Tiger started! Who’s a happy boy?

The climb towards home.

Into Dargo to wait for Vtwin and his gang.

Rush hour.

Some interesting bikes from the rally.

Maybe this is the one for me….40L in the main tank with 2 x 5L in the side panels…:killingme

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Not a lot of opportunities for photos following the gang the Tiger was running pretty hard trying to keep up.

Into Briagalong for fuel. Where we collected a loonie on a sidecar and his buddy from Bendigo.

Vtwin led a crazy dirt cut through to Cowwar weir….I can only hope I can remember the way…

There was sooooo much dust, it was like riding in gritty fog.

It was no surprise when Faz pulled these out….no one could ride that nuts without extra supplies…

Through the forest (I think…couldn’t see a damn thing) towards Erica where the group split.

Vtwin led most past Moondara Res while I led the Bendigo boys down South Face Road and into Launching Place.

Turning onto South Face Rd, I pulled in and suggested Mr Bandit 1200 sidecar go in front as I didn’t want to slow him up. “Naw mate, don’t wanna dust ya, you’ll be right”… well, I can honestly say I’ve never ridden so damn hard and all the while had someone sit 10 foot off my tailpipe….:woot:

Trip distance: 663

Top Bottom