From Pop-Gun To Top-Gun :-)

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
"Angus-Boss...talking about sailing...how does this thing go if the engine would conk out right now?"
"Watch this!!" His right pulls the gas-stick outta the dash, revs drop to 700rpm while forward movement plummets to 65 knots and that other thingy keeps spinning.....right, the altimeter...we're dropping...sorta quickly.

"Bank and turn, aye? She's hanging steady at 65 and we've got about 10km glide-path...now pick a paddock down there, and give the brown+red ones a flick.
She feels like a wet turd with wings now, eh??"

Heh?? Wot?
The rudder is sluggish and needs a good stomp...even the stick needs quite a bit more force and pullback to keep the nose level...sweat trickles.

"We lost all the backwash of the prop that make the controls responsive"

Gotcha, makes sense....but how about we stop that sweat from running?
The throttle rams back home, the nose comes up, time's up, it's back to base.

"Pull her up, Coldstream Airfield has a 2000ft minimum ceiling! Straight for the hills over there"
Sugarloaf Dam glistens in the sun, sitting right above Yarra Glen, there's One Tree Hill, Watsons Creek, Hurstbridge...the Kinglake Ridge in the distance...what a view :glu

"Straighten her out, over the gun-club, then pull a hard-left for the approach, baank and turn..and don't fart around!"
"Now hang loose, stay lightly on the controls but don't do anything!"
An Angus-paw flicks rapidly over the clusters of switches and buttons... flaps are down, revs and nose are up to clear the traffic on McIntyre Lane...the revs drop while the flying bubble rapidly drops towards the bumpy, brown grass....

TopGun_M_19.JPG

Packed dacks, soaked shirt...and I couldn't lift a cuppa without making a mess of myself...but SHIAT, that was bloody awesome!!
:woot: :lao:slobb:party:

TopGun_M_23.JPG

No doubt about it...this guy could teach me more about planes and flying than what I could ever teach him about VTR250s and riding in general!!
THANK YOU SIR!! :thumbs:

Brilliant-Angus....

Just ask for him by name : http://www.yarravalleyaviation.com.au//index.php?id=5

TopGun_M_24.JPG

TopGun_M_25.JPG

Where do I sign??

TopGun_M_26.JPG

The BIGGEST THANKS really have to go across the pond to San Fran and the kids! They know exactly what makes the Old-Fart tick. :lao:lao
Now I know how close the 2 are....bikes and planes are barely a poofteenth apart!
Hey, Goodie....have a look at this.....schweetheart!.... :))))

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Oscar Mike George!!! Goodie (and others), what have you created? A Ted Striker Wannabee (TSW), that's what!

Imagine being 32,000ft over the Tasman Sea en route to NZ in a few months, over the PA comes a message, the Capitan and First Officer have been stricken down with a mystery illness and cannot fly the plane, does anyone on board know how to fly a plane?

Our TSW stands tall and proud, flicks his cape over his shoulder and boldly announces, It is I that will save us .......

Oh dear Goodie (and others), what have you done?

:bs :bs :bs :bs :bs :bs :bs :bs

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Oscar Mike George!!! Goodie (and others), what have you created? A Ted Striker Wannabee (TSW), that's what!

Imagine being 32,000ft over the Tasman Sea....

Our TSW stands tall and proud, flicks his cape over his shoulder and boldly announces, It is I that will save us .......

Oh dear Goodie (and others), what have you done?
:bs

:icon-maffick-::icon-maffick-::icon-maffick-:
I LOVE that movie!

And the resemblance is uncanny :wot: :killingme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkdH0nuDWX4

Top Bottom