Hooters

Williamson

Part of the furniture
An item high on the priorities on the recent CAN / USA trip was a visit to a Hooters. I got very excited when out of the corner of my eyes I caught site of a Hooters sign on the side of a small town country café.

Braked hard, reversed back to the car park entrance, Helen wanted to know why? This why ........

Excitement turned to disappointment when I read the sign carefully, but we were stopped, needed a coffee fix, so went inside.

It may not have been a real Hooters, but the talent was good. So was the coffee.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I got very excited when out of the corner of my eyes I caught site of a Hooters sign on the side of a small town country café.

Braked hard, reversed back to the car park entrance....

Seeing what one wants to see :bs

Williamson

Part of the furniture
The Big Shooter Café is in Kremmling, CO. Some more info (from Wikipedia):

The settlement started with only a general store, run by a man named Rudolph "Kare" Kremmling, built on the north side of Muddy Creek. In 1881, two brothers, Aaron and John Kinsey, made part of their ranch into a town and called it Kinsey City. Kare moved his store across the river to the new site and soon people were calling this place Kremmling. The original post office was called Kinsey City and ran from 1881 to 1885, with Kare Kremmling the first postmaster. The name Kremmling was not officially recognized until 1895. After the Moffat railroad—the Denver, Northwestern & Pacific Railway—arrived in July 1906, Kremmling became the county's central shipping point. It was incorporated May 14, 1904. In the 20th century, ranching became the main industry in the valley in the vicinity of the town. In 1906, Kasper Schuler built the first brick building in town. The Schuler bottling works occupied the first floor, while the Schuler House, a boarding house run by Miss Kienholz, occupied the second. In 1933, the building became the Hotel Eastin.

Our latte was about as good as any, better than most. We found that a good coffee in Small Town, USA was rare. The young ladies serving were very friendly and knew how to flatter a middle-age, well older, male like me. I wondered later if it's very often they get a $5 tip on a $5 latte.

The views from outside were pretty good too.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Some sweet pics there!!
And thanks for the links...some quite interesting stuff there!

$5 tip on a cup of coffee???

Some "hooters" were part of the deal there, Christ!!
:killingme :bt

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Similar thing happened a couple days later in Rifle, CO. Stopped in the main street for lunch and spotted this out the corner of my eye.

Again, excitement was quickly replaced by disappointment.

Some info on Rifle, CO here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rifle,_Colorado.

According to Wiki it has a population of approx. 10,000. I counted four gun shops in the main street; yes that's four, 4, 2x2 ...... I can't imagine many places is AUS with a pop of 40,000 having as many gun shops.

Only the US of A.

twowheeler

two wheels are best
According to Wiki it has a population of approx. 10,000. I counted four gun shops in the main street; yes that's four, 4, 2x2 ...... I can't imagine many places is AUS with a pop of 40,000 having as many gun shops.

Only the US of A.

The closest town of any size to where my sister lives - Wenatchee, Washington State - has 33,000 people and about a half-dozen gun shops. We visited last year and stood in a queue in its Walmart, which also has its own gun section, behind a group of 3 young mums pushing strollers loaded with their toddlers. Each mum packed a handgun in differing holsters wrapped around their ample middles. :eek:

nev

Super Térrarist
When Jo and I were short a bike in Arkansas we went to a town called Searcy where we were told there was a dealer with a few second hand bikes. The town of Searcy had a population of about 24000 and a motorcycle dealership about the size of all of the Peter Stevens branches in Melbourne combined.

Top Bottom