Dishrack does Dalyston

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Following the extended invite of the OpenRoad Tourers , it was another ride south into Gippsland and its rolling green hills.
Contrary to the forecast, the skies stayed grey, the clouds low all day, but the roads turned out dry, mostly.
Having passed on the flu of the last 2 weeks to Goodie, I decided to meet the group at the Dalyston Pub for lunch and try to find a few more new roads and bits.

With an old Rooftop "West Gippsland Adventure Map" in the tankbag, things started slipping + sliding on the surprisingly steep and narrow damp clay of Gleghorn Rd. in Kallista, right opposite the Old Tea House...more backroads through Macclesfiled and Avonsleigh.

Somewhere on Phillip Rd.

DalystonGippy_01.JPG

Dalyston, hey??

DalystonGippy_00a.JPG

The 9-Mile south of Tynong...I love Sunday mornings.
When the world is yours alone... Play time for soul, bike + camera.
I'd love some sun is those shots...

DalystonGippy_02a.JPG

DalystonGippy_03.JPG

DalystonGippy_04.JPG

Mt. Lyall Rd. proved a good find, running along a shallow ridge above the farming flats into the back of Nyora.
Looking for a tiny gravel- bypass around the back of town, I stumble over an even smaller dead-end dirt-road winding steeply up some hill.

Humphreys Hill.
Oh maan!! :glu

Views galore to the West and North, from Loch at my feet to French Island and Westernport Bay in the West... and Bunyip State Park in the north. What a little gem :thumbs:

DalystonGippy_05.JPG

DalystonGippy_07a.JPG

DalystonGippy_06.JPG

Loch...which is slowly turning into a touristy/ yuppity place...gotta check out that Cafe on the Main Road one of those days, though. The comm-tower at Anderson Hill is a very faint outline on the ridge to the right of town.

DalystonGippy_09.JPG

One last look before the skidlid goes back on...

DalystonGippy_08.JPG

The old VicRail line to Foster...today only the rust travels here.

DalystonGippy_10.JPG

Gippsland's green hills, blackbellies hanging low, somewhere in that muck to the South is Dalyston.

DalystonGippy_11.JPG

Dropping down Anderson Hill Rd. into Woodleigh, there's a small wedge of Westernport Bay on the right.

DalystonGippy_12.JPG

Worth waiting for....the only splotch of "sun-light" for the rest of the day.

DalystonGippy_13.JPG

Winter,!...just south of Glen Alvie on Payne Rd., I think.

DalystonGippy_14.JPG

Turned onto Priestley Rd. shortly after for a bit (and any priest would've turned red at what came out of my mouth next)....ploughed through a 30m section of fresh cow-pads, the Shinko roostertailing the fresh, green slop all over the place; mesmerized by the clean, if badly rutted, clay track just ahead.
Worst part: there was another 150m long section of the same on the steep downhill bit that followed...I'm sure I'd still be "playing in it" now if I'd tried.

Back up again then, aye? :doh:
Made the pub just in time, too.

Thanks for the laughs to the OpenRoader crew :clap:, Steve 738 and SF joined in for the same route back (near enough, anyway), the fading daylight making things fairly nippy.
A good day out...and a few more sweet backroads added to the memory banks.
:gday:

stevegt738

Tour Pro
Did you get any pics of the random Chrysler grave yard?

I have some, will put them on photobucket.

Even though there was a communication snaffu when you guys turned off, you where better of not following me any further. That road I was going to lead you along turned into a nightmare. Freshly dumped sand-clay-stones mix 150mm thick, not rolled and it looked like I was the first vehicle to hit it.

Fun it was not.

Apart from that it was a good day (if cold) day out.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Did you get any pics of the random Chrysler grave yard?

Naw...the scene looked a bit too domm+gloom out there, with the black skies and all.
Leaves something to go back to on a brighter day.

Freshly dumped sand-clay-stones mix 150mm thick, not rolled and it looked like I was the first vehicle to hit it.

Arghh....plenty of that shite around everywhere down there, but not that thick!
The "rolling and compacting" will come out of next years budget, anyway...for now, the council coffers have "gone greek" :bs

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
Naw...the scene looked a bit ltoo domm+gloom out there, with the black skies and all.
Leaves something to go back to on a brighter day.

Arghh....plenty of that shite around everywhere down there, but not that thick!
The "rolling and compacting" will come out of next years budget, anyway...for now, the council coffers have "gone greek" :bs

Does that mean they can shove their budget up their ar$e..:whistle::bs

stevegt738

Tour Pro
Mopar pics, these were taken 2 years ago.
DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0095.jpg

DSCF0099.jpg

The Safari wagon over the back is the one now shaped like a banana. The 2 door pacer and the wagon at the left are gone, as well as 2 more pacers that were further to the left behind the building.

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
The Pacers looked like they stood a good chance of restoration-they were made from decent steel :)
the VJ? s or CJs look typical :( (Hey Charger!!?)those damn things were rusting on the factory floor sadly.
Its great to see mopar muscle and style now, as they are not common anymore.
Hopefully these cars get a new life or give some life to others :)

Top Bottom