Dalby Qld.

nev

Super Térrarist
South of Gulargambone I headed off the highway again,

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

Then off the road off the highway, through this road which ran through paddocks

IMG_0594.JPG

Saw a signpost to "Timbrebongie Falls" which I coulnd't resist following, because the land out here is so flat I had to see what passed for a waterfall.
Not quite sure how it got to be called a Falls. There was just a bit of a camping area beside a river. Looks like the place the local P-Platers come and tear up in their 4WDs on a Saturday night.

IMG_0596.JPG

PANO_20180408_171922.jpg

I rolled into Narromine a few minutes before sunset and decided to call it a day. The local pub had a few rooms out the back and I even ended up with a guard dog to look after the bike overnight.

IMG_20180408_192845.jpg

nev

Super Térrarist
I forgot about this pic.

IMG_20180408_123406.jpg

At about lunchtime I was on the Bingara-Narrabri road, and there is one particularly nice section of road where it passes through Killarney Gap. Right at the summit is a parking area and I stopped in the shade for a break. There was another rider there on his Z900. He was a local from Narrabri. After a chat it seems that there aren't too many places worth riding to when you live in Narrabri, so he loads a few cans of beer into his backpack and rides the 40km or so up to Killarney Gap, stands around and drinks his cans and then rides home. Anyhow, he was pretty pleased with his new bike.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Better fuel economy today Nev, haven't had to refuel once.

Shyte, there ya go...and I thought Qld starts north of the Murray :eek:

I've met some New South Welshmen who think the worlds ends south of the Murray. They're probably the ones that haven't been to Victoria.

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
I rolled into Narromine a few minutes before sunset and decided to call it a day. The local pub had a few rooms out the back and I even ended up with a guard dog to look after the bike overnight.

IMG_20180408_192845.jpg

Did it piss on your tyres for extra territory marking?

nev

Super Térrarist
:D Great RR Nev :D

I wpuld like to suggest thos cactus trees might be some form of Prickly Pear?

That's what I was thinking, but all the prickly pear i have ever seen was much closer to the ground. I do know that there was a big prickly pear problem up in that region at the time that it was settled. My grandfather was granted an allotment of land at Wandoan in the early 1900s which apparently was to be granted free on the condition that the prickly pear was all removed, but he appears to have forfeited that land and instead enlisted in the AIF and went to Europe to join the WW1 fun.

Top Bottom