Arty Farty

nev

Super Térrarist
It was a long weekend for everyone, so Jo and I decided it was time to check out the silo artworks in the Wimmera Mallee region.

Friday morning first thing I had an appointment with my dentist, so after that was done and I had paid for a few more months education for his kids I was home again and the bikes were loaded and we were geared up. It was on and off rain and drizzle and wet roads. Fuel in Donnybrook, lunch at the roadhouse in Serpentine and then straight to a motel in Wycheproof for the night.

On Saturday morning we headed out to the Silo Art Trail. I took my drone along for some big picture views of the giant artworks

Rupanyup

silo_Rupanyup.JPG

Sheep Hills

silo_Sheep_Hills.JPG

Brim

silo_Brim.JPG

Rosebery

silo_Rosebery.JPG

Patchewollock

silo_Patchewollock.JPG

Lascelles

silo_Lascelles_a.JPG

silo_Lascelles_b.JPG

Headed back to Wycheproof for another night then sunday morning headed home via St Arnaud, Natte Yallock, GlenDonald, terrible sunday morning traffic jam in Daylesford and lunch at the Glenlyon General Store.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Missed you by a day. Saturday arvo I’d decided to follow the solo art trail Sunday but then ended up staying at Donald so continued easy.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Great pics there, folks:clap:

It's amazing what they come up with and what sort of sense of sizing and effects the artists/ painters have to put this all onto a weird, curved canvas of THAT size.
Looking at all those I wouldn't know which to call "best"....they all have their own set of highlights.

banditrider

Long Timer
Love that silo art.

FYI, we've got some of our own now - I need to take a little ride down to Waimate to check them out some day...

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Nev, you need to attach a clump of grass to the front of your drone to give your photos that "glitch" effect... :bees:

Last edited:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Seems like a surefire way to have your pics taken and instabooked all over the joint where as nobody knew the place existed for the last 200 years before :D

nev

Super Térrarist
Seems like a surefire way to have your pics taken and instabooked all over the joint where as nobody knew the place existed for the last 200 years before :D

Yup. Most of the silo art in Victoria is on silos owned by Graincorp, and Graincorp commissioned the artists to paint them, but others, and I thinking of Kimba, Coonamble, Gulgargambone and some others have been commissioned by the local communities to attract people, or at least to get them to get off the highway for a few minutes and maybe bring a few $ to the town. Millmerran QLD has the town covered in murals, which I have stopped at a few times on trips through there and some of those are in some of my other trip posts.

Top Bottom