[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

nev

Super Térrarist
There were heaps of people at the picnic ground near the tennis courts, so it is a popular area. You would think a shop/pub would make a living.

They have the same problem that most country town businesses have. They can make a living, but only on the basis that the premises are free. Once you have to include the cost of rebuilding after a fire, the businesses are not viable.

43507867785_7ab826c805_b.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
How did I ever get that 1150GS off the side stand? Much easier now with the extra wheel!

I did wonder even then...
Boy, looking at those pics, we've had a shyteload of good rides big and small over the years...:so

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
:)

This one flipped up via the desktop changer.
Once upon a time at Musselroe Bay/ Tassie

DSC_0882.jpg

Same trip, end of day at Wynyard

2011Tas222.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Wasn't that one of your rides? Posted on ADV/ST etc?
Seem to remember somewhere muddy around Blacksands/ Portas Rd./ Mt. Bride area.
There was a guy 2-up on a TDM850 on road-hoops hosing just about everyone else...a couple of guys dumped it in a long mud-puddle down some red-clay valley-track.
Or was that the Vic Stromers ride? :bs

Will never forget the collective groan at the sight of that bombed-out downhill stretch of Ure Rd. towards Shepherds Creek, a dozen Stroms going everywhere dodging the scattered bush while trying to find some alternative.
And that was 3k's after that Ure Rd. mud-tub.

Glorious stuff.:killingme

No that was a Crusty ride. It may have even been for the "old people motorcycle club" :D
The lookout is that one beside the road at Arawata, it looks south towards Leongatha. Crusty lead us on a merry dance that day we ended up on some strange dirt roads at the back of Neerim or Neerim South or Neerim East that I have never been able to find again.
Those V-Strom rides were fun though. We scared a few people on those weekends. :D

Will never forget the collective groan at the sight of that bombed-out downhill stretch of Ure Rd. towards Shepherds Creek, a dozen Stroms going everywhere dodging the scattered bush while trying to find some alternative.

The Parks Vic people locked the gates soon after that day. Wonder why?
Doug and I and I think somebody else (you?) test rode that section the week before and as soon as we got to the bottom we both had stupid big grins (Dougs may have been a grimace but he carried it off well if it was) and I decided instantly that come hell or high water the ride was going down there.

Top Bottom