Mt. Dandy Steeps #2

Crustyvarmint

Back road wanderer
Re: Sun 14/6 ...More Mt. Dandy Steeps

Thanks for the ride today Pete. I don't know where we went, but I enjoyed it. :clap:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member

That's not unusual. If I was there with my GPS, I could've told you.

That GPS would've cooked the battery trying. :bt

The first 80minutes (to a lookout that didn't exist, but had a sweet picnic table in the middle of no-where) ..... 36k's of backblocks to make the head spin!! :woot:

And it all started with a rocky hairpin-from-hell after dodging the bushes, ruts and overhanging branches of Little Jean St. :wot::wot::bt

Mt. Morton, eh?....there must've been some glorious views a few years back.
Plenty of roo-turds, though....:wink:

Thanks to all for coming along :lao....and sorry to Lyn for the bumpy start...and the occasional skid and drift on the greasy clay....and the alternating, heart-stopping "views-from-the-chair", either climbing into the skies or skidding down some " chute-from-hell" :bs:bs
Maybe bring a broomstick and gag to bite on next time :cdle

goodie

Quite a few hours on the bikes, but didn't make many km. For the first time (except CT110) I spent more money on food and drinks than petrol... :wot:
T'was a good day!

Squizzy

Long Timer

The walk to the first lookout.

P6140614-M.jpg

There it is!

P6140615-M.jpg

Nice table.

P6140616-M.jpg

Bit better view.

P6140624-M.jpg

P6140629-M.jpg

Somewhere in the Dandenongs.

P6140634-M.jpg

P6140637-M.jpg

P6140641-M.jpg

Disappearing into the distance.

P6140639-M.jpg

One of the many corners.

P6140642-M.jpg

Thanks Pete for an enjoyable day. I got home and had a nap. Lynne sat down with a cup of coffee and mused where you could find so many back roads.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Another short Winter-Sunday...and more Melbourne Sunshine.
Cold...but nice!

After a clear night....

DandySteep_30.JPG

....there were some keen starters waiting in Fern Tree Gully.

DandySteep_32.JPG

Still in the suburbs, there are some pretty hairy, bumpy, rocky, narrow and rutted tracks to be found, eh Lynne? :whistle: :bs

Had some admirers for the 2 rigs who dashed back into the house to grab their camera...and we're about 1km from the start :doh:
Top of the Ladys Walk

DandySteep_33.JPG

Wriggling our way through the backblocks of Upwey and Tecoma

Gerratts Ave proclaims to be a "No Through Road"....and a 20% climb lets the gravel fly.

DandySteep_34.JPG

Another handful of turn-offs get us up "The Serpentine"...and it sure is...serpentine!! And steep!...and single-lane...and traffic from both ways.

DandySteep_38.JPG

Hairpin-Bonanza

DandySteep_40.JPG

DandySteep_35.JPG

Popping out the top, it's only 100m to Morven Ave.
Looks dead-straight on the maps, but boy!!
glubsch.gif
glubsch.gif

DandySteep_36.JPG

DandySteep_37.JPG

Then it's past Puffing Billy Station

DandySteep_38a.JPG

... and the delights of a 23% climb up the Old Monbulk Rd. for a single-laner loop back onto Monbulk Rd.

This is the "other" Toorac Rd.

DandySteep_39.JPG

DandySteep_41.JPG

Nice, innit?

DandySteep_43.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Less than 40k's for the morning thus far....and on the road for an hour and a half
eek.gif
2thumbs_up.gif

After the successful "climb" up Mt. Morton (booo to the views) it's down the dips and crests of Ryans Rd. towards Lysterfiled, the gravel and clay damp and firm.

DandySteep_44.JPG

Not far away is Alston Rd.....whoopeee!! another gravel rollercoaster!

DandySteep_46.JPG

DandySteep_47.JPG

The ZigZag Rd. in Belgrave Sth has lost a little of its lustre by now
and it's into Selby and Menzies Creek via more single-laners and steep bits, the wet, greasy clay of the Selby-Aura Rd. distracting from the views across Cardinia Reservoir.

And again....

DandySteep_48a.JPG

Had to go and check out another possible Lookout at the comm tower at Black Hill Reserve, what a sweet, little loop of clay+gravel under a lofty canopy of old gums.

DandySteep_50.JPG

DandySteep_51.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Drifting north-east via Kallista towards Emerald, some quick gravel of the Stewart Rd. mixed with the bumpy tar of Paton Rd. past the Aussie Rainbow Trout Farm to Macclesfield and further east via Tschampions Rd. for some great views from the Spillers Ridge

DandySteep_53.JPG

DandySteep_54.JPG

More quick gravel and hardpack into the Kurth Kiln Park for a look at the Old Beenak Cemetery, in the middle of no-where.

DandySteep_56.JPG

DandySteep_57.JPG

DandySteep_58.JPG

There's always ONE!
spoton.gif

DandySteep_59.JPG

Thanks all for a great day just out from our own backdoor, checking out some nooks and crannies, tootling up and down some speccy hills and in general, enjoying a brilliant winters day not far from home.
Just a bit short on the food this time
icon_lol.gif

DandySteep_60.JPG

asphalt

Tassie...where tyres are flat and nights are long
Less than 40k's for the morning thus far....and on the road for an hour and a half
eek.gif
2thumbs_up.gif

After the successful "climb" up Mt. Morton (booo to the views) it's down the dips and crests of Ryans Rd. towards Lysterfiled, the gravel and clay damp and firm.

DandySteep_44.JPG

up and down ..... Looks pretty good :glu

DandySteep_51.JPG
Looks pretty tired ......:eek:

What a nice ride ...... with pics and report !
BRAVISSIMO !

S

stromhack

Any more pics of the Roadster outfit?

Got enough of Derek's GS but I like the look of the roadster. :clap:

Top Bottom