AusTouring.com  

Go Back   AusTouring.com > General Viewing > Out and About
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2016, 09:09 AM   #41
Ozzyal

Default Re: Ayers Rock with 7yo son

I just read this story. Bought back great memories for me . I did the same trip after picking up my demo model R1100RT from the dealer in geelong . Unfortunately the only camera I took with me was a disposable job . I vaguely remember being worried about vibration on the bike for my good camera . The quality is absolutel crap . I sold that bike to travel around Australia in bus I converted to a motor home. Always swore it was the best bike I'd ever own . As I type this , I'm awaiting delivery of a 2nd hand R1100RT I bought of eBay. Now being of eBay and 21 years old I'm not expecting miracles. But I can't wait to get on that beast again.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:14 AM   #42
Paul n Dixie
Pit Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzyal View Post
I just read this story. Bought back great memories for me . I did the same trip after picking up my demo model R1100RT from the dealer in geelong . Unfortunately the only camera I took with me was a disposable job . I vaguely remember being worried about vibration on the bike for my good camera . The quality is absolutel crap . I sold that bike to travel around Australia in bus I converted to a motor home. Always swore it was the best bike I'd ever own . As I type this , I'm awaiting delivery of a 2nd hand R1100RT I bought of eBay. Now being of eBay and 21 years old I'm not expecting miracles. But I can't wait to get on that beast again.
Take a better camera with you this time Ozzyal ;) and bring us back some pictures !
Old 02-09-2016, 09:23 AM   #43
John & Johnny
Pit Crew

Moved to New bike

Last edited by John & Johnny; 02-09-2016 at 06:07 PM.
John & Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:11 AM   #44
Paul n Dixie
Pit Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzyal View Post
Jeez you blokes are on the ball . Thanks guys . I look forward to catching up .I'm hanging out bad waiting for the bike . Its coming from Lismore Nsw. I'd been searching on bikesales forages looking for one with less then 100,000kms on it . I saw this one reduced from $7500 to $4500 ! Made a ridiculous offer at midnight sat , woke up Monday to find the offer accepted . Pretty happy but a bit nervous .
I,m in Lismore typing this now.. small world!
( I work in Lismore) and have a few mates who are into Beemers amongst other brands ;) the bike may be known to them. Post up a pic of the bike and start a thread on "your journey"