Go Back > General Viewing > Out and About
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 27-02-2017, 01:52 PM   #6
Mapping the next ride...
Default Re: Logan's Run

Originally Posted by nev View Post
Back in the day, when most working men had a trade, Mechanics Institutes, also known alternatively as Athenaeums, School of the Arts, Literary Institute, or Free Library were places where they could learn and study. They were the earliest version of public libraries in Australia. They stocked publications for tradesmen and other learning materials for adult education (back in the day "mechanic" was a much broader term and included many types of trade). Every town had one. They were also early versions of a public library. Prior to about WW1, almost every town had one. Most are now just used as community halls.
Thanks, gotcha.
It's just that I've never seen an open, "functioning" one...but tripped over them in the most unlikely places.
glitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:30 PM   #7

I've been through those roads near Riddells Creek - Mount Charlie Road, Kent Rd, etc.

Mount Charlie road does indeed get bad in the wet -- I've turned back before when encountering very deep mud.

Despite what google thinks, Kent Rd does *not* make it through to anything else. It just comes to a dead stop in the middle of a forest. And that's after dealing with some seriously rutted tracks.

Mount Tenerife Road is blocked, as is Mt Kent Road.

All in all, massive fail for google maps in that forest. Can I ask that you use the feedback option on gmaps to report them? If enough people do, eventually the data might change to reflect the truth...

Gap Road and Cherokee Road are good though!
wintrmute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 07:35 AM   #8
Paul n Dixie
Pit Crew

Excellent ride report as always
I love your theme with the "Mechanic Institutes" and I got to learn something as well! which is fitting..
A.K.A Dyson -because I suck on dirt!
Paul n Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote