Black Knight, Black Dog and Silver Key

John_Johnny

Long Timer

Beautiful day, blue skies, so we're off. Lunch at the Silver Key in Rutherglen but this sign looks tempting. So Goorambat, Devenish for the Black Knight rally then Thoona, Black Dog Brewery, Baileys etc.
The Black Knight is the Us and Them bikey, I mean motorcycle enthusiasts.
I'll keep you posted if my battery holds out. Forgot to charge it last night! :(

John_Johnny

Long Timer

Told ya we'd make it here thoona or later!

Black Dog brewery. Plus a few photos along the way. Wheat fields behind Thoona.
Next stop Baileys.
I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:

John_Johnny

Long Timer

Baileys Winery has nice gardens with a bbq area.

Baileys Winery. Had a nice cappuccino.

Taminick Gap, Wang side.
As a child I used to ride my bike past here and wonder what it would be like living under that giant boulder. Hopefully no earthquakes!

Taminick Gap. That's Wang down there.

Next stop....Buffalo Brewery.

Last edited:

John_Johnny

Long Timer

Buffalo Brewery at Boorhaman. Indistinguishable from a pub IMHO

Campbells Winery Rutherglen. No wine connoisseurs with us so we're heading into Rutherglen for our favourite lunch spot. No...not Parkers Pies.

The Silver Key cafe. Fantastic retro fish n chip shop. That's the parmiburger!

Nearly 3 o'clock so tossing up whether to go to Chiltern and Beechworth or home?

ps. The Black Knight rally has a stage for rock bands and lots of tents but not really our thing so we said hello and rode on.

Last edited:

nev

Super Térrarist
ps. The Black Knight rally has a stage for rock bands and lots of tents but not really out thing so we said hello and rode on.

Jo and I spent a night at the Black Knight rally back in I think 2009. Certainly was an enthusiastic crowd, and many didn't get to bed until 4 or 5am. Earplugs were a necessity. was a good night none the less. They had the biggest bonfire I have ever witnessed.

I was intending to go up to the Far Cairn Rally in Tottenham NSW this weekend but it was cancelled due to the weather. the campground was waterlogged apparently.

John_Johnny

Long Timer

Nice place for a coffee beside the fire here.

Not far out of Beechworth. Milawa is down there somewhere in the distance. Our next stop.

Brown Brothers Milawa. This has to be one of the nicest wineries I've ever been to. For years I resisted the urge to do the wine tasting due to the cost. It was only last year I found out it's free! Drat!!!!! :bang:
Busy here at 4.30pm. Lots of locals I recognized. Checkout chick from Coles, receptionist from the dentist and 2 old high school girlfriends. They were walking around with large glasses of Rosè? They don't look quite as good as they did at school but I reckon a few beers would change that. :so

Dropped in to Winton Raceway on the way home. Performance Car Mania is on. Lots of hoons doing burnouts.

So that's it. That's the Brewery Tour wrapped up. I wish more of you could have joined in but we still managed to have a fun ride. Since the service the beemer has been sooooo smooth. AND BTW, BMW Southbank rang up asking for my bsb number. $200 was credited to my account today. :woot:

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Lazy day in the local hood.

IMG_0355-XL.jpg

Parker Pies....once an all time top 2 bakehouse on the Timbo Tour's Bakehouse leader board....now, meh....it's fallen out of the top 5....:wot:

IMG_0356-XL.jpg

IMG_0357-XL.jpg

Sir Francis

Displaced person
I rode out to Corowa and then around in circles enjoying the sun.

IMG_0392-XL.jpg

Eventually made Yack before hooking left towards Lake Hume.

IMG_0393-XL.jpg

Lake Hume is at capacity.

IMG_0394-XL.jpg

I've never seen such crowds at the dam wall.

They've been letting water out all week and would like to let out more but Corowa is already staring to flood.

Anyone else remember the prediction of doom n gloom back in April that the drought had come again would be worse than the last one, it'd never rain again and we needed to order water from the desal plant....:killingme

IMG_0395-XL.jpg

I arrived home about 15 minutes before John & Johnny called to say meet us at the Beechworth Brewery.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Oh yeah, and the tourist people at Rutherglen were wrong.

They don't have a great port, they have lots of them....

Today's pick.

IMG_0396-X2.jpg

Top Bottom