4 days and one pair of Jocks....

twowheeler

two wheels are best
thanks, just the phone, they have suffered a little to having the phone in a Lifeproof case which adds another bit of clear plastic over the lens, but I don't think it's really worth taking a real camera with me these days.

Great photos Marty, just great :clap: .

I too have been using a Lifeproof case, I think for 2 years, and am starting to notice recently just a touch of sharpness is getting lost in my photos. Might be time for a new one - a bit of the rubber sealing broke off the other day anyway.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
Since the S7 is already waterproof, I just got one of these

https://www.spigen.com/products/galaxy-s7-edge-case-tough-armor?variant=11972837633

No plastic in front of lens or on the screen. Rubber lip at each end means the phone would have to drop perfectly flat onto an uneven surface to hit screen.

Only niggle is that the side buttons are hard to find through the case.

Edit : Looks like they have improved the buttons since I bought mine.

Hytram

<-- now went that way
Day 3 continued

finished on the Barry Way and heading to Jindabyne the skies opened up in front of us but not luckily not on us, but the roads were awash and I was running a knobby up front, got to BP and a local warned us about the amount of rain that just came through from Thredbo, it had been torrential. My new found Friend on the XT decided to head east and I was off to Corryong.

The roads were wet, but because of the heat by the time I got to Dead Horse Gap they had dried out...

44d4e8571513d1f33a5a8e52a98c9dd2.jpg

a great run on the Alpine Way with the usual stops for the views

87f4ad325f785f6b917d1eda57e68976.jpg

on the way into Corryong I decided to give Mt Elliot another go (first ridden here, this time up the front side which turned out to be steep, real effing steep...

but the views

043b236038d095253d09a6538c060d6d.jpg

19c2ed6bc602e47a1a21fc8ed4b32039.jpg

then I went for a ride along Mt Elliot Range Track to the south, but it got rougher and steeper so I turned back because it was getting late, but the collection of Xanthorrhoea (once know as black boys) along the ridge was fantastic

ad87892344b1979e4da41d0cc2e7d900.jpg

I pinched this from another thread

This is now open, it's called Fishers Track and has a brand new shiny sign post, the gate is not locked and there no signage saying you can't go up...

So up I went, and up, and up, and up...

This is not for faint hearted, any bike with Torrances would NOT make it, it has got inclines of 45°+ in places, and spoon drains to add to the mix, but they make great resting spots... I had to turn traction control off and the half worn Midas E07 was just spinning and the TC was killing all power. Seeing they have just finished the roadworks the surface is quite good, just steep..

Coming down was sheer terror, fully loaded S10 with a half worn Midas E09 on the front, ABS disengaged and balancing the front brake and clutching the rear with the engine off... Its the hardest thing I have ever done on a bike. Made it down but never again..

Go the back route if it's not locked. Or better still, go to the Mt Mitamatite lookout instead

some views on the way down

a10a71755f916a46a753f66ba3e77df9.jpg

c7787bdb130a079e64a433ddf112ba6a.jpg

into Corryong and got a room at the pub, I was soaked through to the core, from sweat, going up and down Mt Elliot nearly killed me

a couple of ciders and a chicken parma from the pub and then it was bed, i was cactus

route for the day
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18ErAyFEn_dJ9wPJFNlcpQx2MJ8k&usp=sharing

Last edited:

Hytram

<-- now went that way
Day4: Corryong to Home (my bed!) via Yabba Rd, Lockharts Gap Rd, Mytleford, Carbour, Whitfield, Mansfield, Jamieson-Eildon Rd, Black Spur then Melbourne Friday Peak in 38 degrees..

I put my bike in a garage out the back of the pub for the night and locked the steering and not realising it put the key in park which turned the park lights on, so I came out in the morning to a flat battery.... bugger, got a jump start from the publican and on my way

it was going to be a warm one and I have over 600km to do so I picked the shortest but most interesting route home

because I pulled the ABS fuse the day before to tackle Mt Elliot, it also kills the ODO/Speedo, so I was out a little with my fuel range estimates and had to back track to Tallangatta for fuel.

a view from Yabba Rd

6e2ff1612e85449e1778a67edeb56198.jpg

this was my saving grace for the trip, a 1 Litre vacuum flask. it was great being able to pull over in the middle of nowhere and grab a cold drink

ffad99bf0b47c4b21dc97602e71e6948.jpg

I usually come via the Rose River Rd to Whitfield but a found a new route via close to Carboor

bea40aebe095865ce9dffde497df407a.jpg

chased some bikes through the Whitfield/Mansfield Rd and couldn't believe how well the Mitas E10 front knobby held on, its an amazing tyre

the usual pic and the lookout on the Jamieson/Eildon Rd

2ed2d3411db1524199f68cb334dc91eb.jpg

this is what is left of the E10 after 4000km and being flogged on the Jamieson/Eildon Rd, Whitfield/Mansfield Rd, Alpine Way and the Omeo Hwy

57405aa2498064c9170f2bb7998bd1a3.jpg

stopped off at the Rubicon River to cool the heels, it was close to 40 degrees and the feet were at boiling point

d3e9f1f40d30d70820538004a396f26f.jpg

then it was the slow and painful route home in Melbourne peak hour traffic in 40 degree heat, luckily there was only half the traffic about being the Xmas period.

it was a great 4 days with 2000km covered and close to 40 hrs in the saddle

map of the day
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eZOq5Wpg5mKlRUn3q1OwOxAEm1A&usp=sharing

map of the whole trip
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uTLiFSEd6A04TqOq6Hkftyf6NHo&usp=sharing

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
a view from Yabba Rd

6e2ff1612e85449e1778a67edeb56198.jpg

:drool::drool::drool: LOVE the Yabba!! :clap:....and what a pic!!

.... new route via close to Carboor

bea40aebe095865ce9dffde497df407a.jpg

One for the pool-room!
(...and courtesy of Nev, in my case) :bow:

Awesome 4 days....and all on a single pair of jox :clap::bs
(dumped your bum in the Rubicon as well before going home?):bt

Thanks for the yarn and all those delicious pics....it's great riding shotgun like that!!

Top Bottom