Eskdale pics

John_Johnny

Long Timer
PreEskdale2 by Johnny Meccano, on Flickr

Phew! Finally got that photo to load. Photobucket seems to be broken, so I had to use flickr which didn't like my tablet..or google, it needed chrome. Anyway, all good now. That flickr account is for showing off Johnny's Meccano, so if you're slightly interested in Meccano, please feel free to browse.

So.....What is Mike saying to Zoe?

John_Johnny

Long Timer

^Happy birthday for yesterday Dougie. ^

^Everyone is all full of sausage rolls and luke warm coffee.^
Our resident barista is 15yo Jazzy but she was called in to work. Almost ten bucks an hour!
Zoe and Georgie had some quick lessons but they need some improvement on using the thermometer.

^Johnny on the back ready to go. Kenny's chauffeur, Shane looking on.^

He did really well for his first ride. As much as he loved riding, I think he really...really loved sitting around the caravan park listening to the stories. Me too!

Williamson

Part of the furniture
A leisurely pack-up and departure, met Paul & Dixie outside pub, quick sprint up to Mitta Mitta, snapped P&D on the way in.

P&D filled-up with 98 ron (is that why they headed the wrong way?), breakfast for me and a full tank of 91 ron for the Mighty ST.

P&D head north, me south. A leisurely, restrained ride for about 2km, then ripped-up the tarmac to Omeo. I did take some pics.

At Omeo, I caught-up with the dusties at the Bakery, then headed south for a coffee with a mate who's building a 'weekender' at Cassillis

Got to Bruthen early, too early to start at the Bullant, kept riding, called my mate on the way to the Blue Berry farm, he's not there, U-turn and head to Maffra via Lindenow, Beverlys Road (a favourite), Briagalong, Boisdale & Tinamba.

Bed & continental breakfast at the Macalister $40:00.

Hytram

<-- now went that way
Here are my over processed phone shots from Day 1, 511km for the day, lots of dirt and lots of fun

esk01-101.jpg

On the Murchison Spur Rd between Mt Disappointment and Swifts Creek, the weather was really yucky on the Melbourne side, it just got better

esk01-102.jpg

Looking over Eildon Dam from Skyline Rd

esk01-103.jpg

Goldie Spur Track

esk01-104.jpg

Goldie Spur Track

esk01-105.jpg

Goldie Spur Track looking at Mt Buffalo

esk01-106.jpg

Goldie Spur Track looking Mt Buller way?

esk01-107.jpg

Goldie Spur Track looking down to the Buckland valley

esk01-108.jpg

Mt Beauty from Tawonga Gap

esk01-109.jpg

Hollow Way Road between Mt Beauty and Omeo Hwy.... DONT! (like riding on 2 inches of lego blocks)

esk01-110.jpg

just back it through, the right side mirror did scrape

Hytram

<-- now went that way
Day 2.... following the Dirties.

esk02-101.jpg

you couldnt ask people to line up this good

esk02-102.jpg

on the ferry

esk02-103.jpg

Fuzzy on the River Rd

esk02-104.jpg

Nev on the River Road

esk02-105.jpg

Brad on the River Road

esk02-106.jpg

Doug on the River Rd

esk02-107.jpg

The Mighty Murray with the upper right cloud giving us the finger

esk02-108.jpg

Magical farm land I found coming back to base

John_Johnny

Long Timer
esk01-102.jpg

Looking over Eildon Dam from Skyline Rd

Wow. I need to talk to you about all these gadgets. I need a GPS and I see you use a Garmin. I have so much to learn about all this modern stuff. What's that orange box?

Fantastic photos. Sharp, clear and showing sights akin to Shangri La...Lost Horizon.
Sweet dreams are made of this. I love Mt Buller and Mt Buffalo but not being able to navigate the dirt tracks between them, I rely on your wondrous photos. They whet my appetite for a bike that can handle a bit of the rough stuff. :clap:

nev

Super Térrarist
Wow. I need to talk to you about all these gadgets. I need a GPS and I see you use a Garmin. I have so much to learn about all this modern stuff. What's that orange box?

That is a spot tracker. I have one on my bikes also. This device uses the GPS satellite network to determine its own location. Every 10 minutes, it transmits that location and another network of satellites receive this location and pass it back down to the Spot tracking facility located somewhere in the USA. There are several different versions of the spot tracker but they have several buttons, one just for tracking location, one for SOS. If you activate the SOS button, when the SOS message is received at the home base in the USA they will notify the AMSA (Australian Maritime Safety Authority) and they will respond in the same way that they would to any EPIRB beacon being activated. A handy little gadget to have if you're venturing off the beaten track alone.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member

The funny part is....coming the other way, there's also a sign "Pretty Flat".

The length of road between those signs is about 4 meters.
So there are 4 posts and 2 signs 4m apart proclaiming the space in between to be Pretty Flat.

Which it certainly is, no shit! :doh: :killingme

Looks like the roads-department of the local shire had again too much dosh in the kiddie by the end of the financial year...perhaps next year they'll add "Pretty Empty" to both sides...cause there ain't nuthin in those 4 meters.

Maybe it's the same pack of clowns that put up the sign a few k's up the Cassilis Rd. at a little dirt road junction, saying "Cemetery Gully Rd."....and underneath a separate sign " Dead End" :thumbs::bs

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
On the Murchison Spur Rd between Mt Disappointment and Swifts Creek,

Strath Creek?

Absolutely amazed at the quality of those "phone"-shots!
Does this thing shoot in RAW? :eek:

Good stuff, great pics :clap:

Hytram

<-- now went that way
Strath Creek?

that would be the one......

Absolutely amazed at the quality of those "phone"-shots!
Does this thing shoot in RAW? :eek:

would you believe its a $220 (delivered) cheap Android smart phone from China...

shoots JPG, the secret is in the post editing

(BTW, the bike shots on the River Road are buy a DSLR with a 10mm lens)

original (just resized)

test.jpg

edited (and probably a little over done)

esk01-106.jpg

more to come too

Top Bottom