Offroad school

ant

AngryAnt
Yeah, I love that Woods Point Road, the dirt up from Jamo, the sort of packed gravel/rocky bits, and of course the bizarre bitumen section. My thoughts are (no doubt completely wrong) is that it's something to do with a fire-break? Forest cleared right back from the road mostly...

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
There's not a single house along it from memory. It goes from nowhere, through nowhere and ends nowhere.

Well...my reasoning is that they wanted to seal the 9-Mile Rd. into Noojee and make it a screamer-loop for the roadies...just ran out of $$ after the first week. W-)

(check out the 9-mile/Tooronga Rd/ Noojee option for more "standing-up" fun)

Pete...GREAT stuff, neat pics and a light-hearted spin on a good weekend.
Thanks for the yarn :bow:

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Ok. Ok.

The end closest to Melbourne had a construction camp back in the late 60s as the base for the tunnel from Thompson River across to the Upper Yarra Reservoir. The jump off to the tunnel site was towards the Matlock end.

twowheeler

two wheels are best
Ok. Ok.

The end closest to Melbourne had a construction camp back in the late 60s as the base for the tunnel from Thompson River across to the Upper Yarra Reservoir. The jump off to the tunnel site was towards the Matlock end.

Interesting :thumbs: .

thedecepticon

Getting the hang of it
Great Stuff! I'd love to do a course, most of them are over on the east coast for me unfortunately.

Love the ride home, must really get over there. :)

Top Bottom