Tales of the BullAnt '15

dougman1

Part of the furniture
Then after navigating what seemed to be the entire state of Victoria,
We arrived at the Bruthen Hotel, our digs for the night.

We soon made our way to the Bullant Brewery. Where Tim got his drinks lined up!

P1060803-X2.jpg

Great place to chat and relax.

P1060812-X2.jpg

Discussing the finer points of BMW 1000 ownership...

P1060820-X2.jpg

See I told ya's... if I could drink all those at the start I'd be happy.

P1060822-X3.jpg

Before we know it the staff were stacking the chairs.. must be time to leave,

P1060828-X2.jpg

dougman1

Part of the furniture
We said goodbye to our new friends, vowing to return. Although they didn't look like they'd be going anywhere soon!

P1060829-X2.jpg

Main St, Bruthen on a hot summers night.

P1060832-X3.jpg

We were the only ones at the bar of the Hotel. The waitress was yawning her head off, as if to say...pack it in.
We had a nightcap before retiring.

P1060834-X2.jpg

The next day was a little cooler, and made for pleasant riding.
I arrived home just before 5 pm. Just a little over 800 k for the weekend.
Thanks to Tim for organising..:clap:

nev

Super Térrarist
While riding along at 100km/h a yellow Super Tenere pulled along side and started handing out boiled lollies....W-)

HAHAHA... I know a bloke in Bairnsdale who just bought a Yellow 2016 Super Ten and took it out for it's first ride this weekend... I can only assume it was him... I have enquired as to WTF his story is LOL.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
HAHAHA... I know a bloke in Bairnsdale who just bought a Yellow 2016 Super Ten and took it out for it's first ride this weekend... I can only assume it was him... I have enquired as to WTF his story is LOL.

Reckon it could have been your mate. He had an official iron butt member sign on the back of the bike.

Marky Moon

Just through the door
Brilliant stuff! Thanks again, Tim, for setting it all up. A great way to run in the new Beamer. :woot:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Finally, here was a perfect chance to, for once, not blast through the usual "transit-stretches" of Moe-Glenmaggie-Briagolong-Bairnsdale in pursuit of
either making it "as far east as possible" to get to the mountains and classic ADV-gravel routes of north-eastern Gippsland....or making it home to Melbourne after a week or 2 up in the Snowies etc.

Time to suss out some backroads, preferably of the gravel variety.
If just to stay out of the way of the increasing hordes of the yoghurt-tub-racers which are desperately looking for side-road alternatives to the camera infested main drags.
As evidenced by the unmarked contractor just west of Tyers.
It seems like yesterday that kidneys and ghoulies knocked eachother black and blue in the merry dance of potholes, ripples and brutal midcorner bathtubs at the 100km/h speed limit around here...and nobody cared.
Now it's all twice as wide, smooth as a baby's bum, fenced, channeled, curbed and lip-sticked....all at a 80km/h, a clown in his Nissan X-Trail and a regular stream of Repsol-parrots straining at the leash. Let go, find something fresh.

Always wanted to take a pic of that beaut, old schoolhouse.

BullAnt_01.JPG

Remember the days when schools had bike-racks?

BullAnt_02.JPG

More Buln Buln idyllics

BullAnt_03.JPG

Beauty and the Beast? The stacks of Yallourn North.

BullAnt_M_01.JPG

Have the boilers grown cold at Loy Yang P/S?

BullAnt_05.JPG

A welcome break in the shade and coolness...
what a sweet little spot for a dip through the summer, too.

BullAnt_06.JPG

BullAnt_07.JPG

BullAnt_08.JPG

Top Bottom