Sun-chasing the Apple-Isle....Tassie 2018

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
AF1QipMV7N4jBUJD_m_3we-RDSoZS-5jJCKSW4gdu-Q4

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Let's keep tacking east across the top then.

Scottsdale bringing relief from the drought :drool:...their cider certainly packs a wallop, but Christ, the stout is a blinder, buuuuuurp!!

Tas2018_028.JPG

The Imperial in Branxholm
, base for 2 days, $35/ night/ head incl. brecky if staying more than 1 night. Standard, solid pub meals ~$20-25.
The big verandah is the focal point... hops-fields next door.

Tas2018_M_023.JPG

Gracie, the lick-you-to-death bike-watcher!
How can anything so ugly be so cute?

Tas2018_M_024.JPG

Instant friends...if it wouldn't be for bad-breath of the 3-weeks worth of roadkill of that pooch :bs

Tas2018_030.JPG

Squizzy

Long Timer
Great shots Pete, there are just too many things to see in Tassie in 2 weeks. You can zoom around and stop for 5 mins at lots of spots, but not really see anything. We about 3000ks and saw some great stuff, but need to go back for more.

IMG_20180310_123512-L.jpg

asphalt

Tassie...where tyres are flat and nights are long
Great shots Pete, there are just too many things to see in Tassie in 2 weeks. You can zoom around and stop for 5 mins at lots of spots, but not really see anything. We about 3000ks and saw some great stuff, but need to go back for more.

This is absolutely correct @squizzy :) You´ll need 10 times more..... to see the half of important and lovely places from Tassie.:chug:

Yeah Pete.....
Nice pics , of course!
I´m so sad, that the Pub from Miena, near the Great Lake, is burned of. It was one of the places for me, which I can't forget my life long!:eek:

Last edited:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
This is absolutely correct @squizzy :) You´ll need 10 times more..... to see the half of important and lovely places from Tassie.:chug:

Yeah Pete.....
Nice pics , of course!
I´m so sad, that the Pub from Miena, near the Great Lake, is burned of. It was one of the places for me, which I can't forget my life long!:eek:

Not Miena, but Bronte Park
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-25/bronte-park-chalet-fire-ruled-an-accident/9583784

They are about 30km apart.
https://goo.gl/mmaH3z

ozav8r

Tour Pro
SO, change rear tyre before Tassie-trip - or not.....?
"Good enuff", Pete recons....
20180307_145839-X4.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom