Over The Shoulder....Rides through the Decades

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
2001_Broadford Motards

July

Saw some motard racing in Broadford

IMG_0298.JPG

Jason grinning into the camera with a brandnew, first-batch NetRider cap.

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0313.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
2001...Girlz Only!

Andi had taped a little note to the BTX (Fern Tree Gully Kawasaki/ BMW dealer...then, now defunct) front door in Fern Tree Gully.
And they came! And had a pearler of a day!
No idea where else they went, but Mt. Pinniger Lookout above Eildon was one of the spots.

Sitting on the bench on the left is Andi, Goodie standing behind her.

No idea about the rest of them.

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0863.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
2001...NetRider Donna Buang after work ride

Just a couple of pics from the meetup at the 7/11 in Kilsyth...one of the hot summer nights, daylight 'til 9pm, going for a squirt up Donna Buang.

Dave Mountainhitter doesn't give a shyte :lol:

IMG_0841.JPG

L-R : Jas (carrothead, ZZR250), Rupert (damige), Paul (drizzt)....the guy in the black/yellow gear went under the name "Dark Clown" I think....and was another one of those Across-Cosmonauts. :bs

Can't remember the others....the half-covered guy in the Dainese-suit could've been Brandon from Rowville, used to have a sweet, little Bandit 250.

IMG_0842.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
2001_AusMoto_Sept

September Ride

No idea where we went that day, but everyone came along for a cuppa afterwards.

Chromedome in the middle is Vic, who not much later started NetRider together with Jason, who's standing next to his blue Viffer on the right.

IMG_0449.JPG

Jas and Vic

IMG_0450.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
2001...Bunyip State Park

Another winter ride, mid-June or so...aka The 2001 Aussie Pegaso Convention :bs
Ok, ok...at least the Victorian Pegaso Meet then!

Great weather, great ride....and Warren showed us some of what a Peg can do on dirt.

IMG_0366.JPG

IMG_0370.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

C'mooon ...they DO look sweet!:thumbs:

IMG_0376.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Jan 2002...Grampians

Now under the NetRider banner, it's still the same crew of culprits...

Latte Dave (FondaHonda) threw one of his legendary Royal Breakfasts at his place in South Melbourne for the whole bunch to kick of the weekend ride along the GOR and Halls Gap/ Grampians.

Picture_0473.jpg

Port Campbell

Picture_0457.jpg

Moike clowning around

Mike SuperBike.JPG

Latte Express and Stef on the CBRthou

Garry,David and Stef.JPG

L to R: Sarah (who married Jason a year or 2 later).... Yours Truly....Paul (drizzt)...Jas....half-obscured is Latte-Dave... ?Grant, I think? (had a ZZR250 which had never seen a spanner in its life)...Stef

Picture_0466.jpg

Latte Dave showed us some new roads through Lexton and Clunes on the return leg :chug:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
2002_Tassie

Feb '02

Ingo, the old HighSchool mate and German Lufthansa Pilot had managed a 2 week “rotational break” in Melbourne, so we had to show him some of Australia’s best riding country by dipping down south.

Goodie, Garry and Ingo at Station Pier.
3 Pegasos and a B12

049.JPG

East Coast

060.JPG

Bicheno

080.JPG

Rossarden Loop

084.JPG

Mt. Wellington, Hobart at our feet

093.JPG

Strathgordon Rd.

104.JPG

This could be the Tassie Trip where the guy on the Busa decked it when the backpack got caught in his back wheel...what a mess.

Down the Derwent

114.JPG

Getting crappy near Queenstown, note the stylish “Goretex” shopping bags to keep the feet dry.

123.JPG

Needed a tetanus shot after a bite from this little bugger....but fed him Claret-soaked bread till he keeled off the verandah.

071.JPG

Guzzi Club boarding.....one of their shortest, sorta 5ft cube, rode the longest-suspension-Quota I’ve ever seen....some serious acrobatics were on show every time the queue crept forward.... bloody hilarious.

140.JPG

Great trip, lots of laughs and around 4500k’s, all road.

After some checking around it looks like I've never done a RR, nothing crops up when doing a search. :oops:
But I'm sure I've linked quite a few of the pics in the past...if I find something later, I'll edit the post.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
2002...6-Peaks #2

April 2002...

A week in the Vic High Country and Snowies

Only 5 months after the Inaugural, 6-Peaks #2 got underway.
Word had gotten around and numbers were swelling as a result.
Warren (RIP) sitting on the tree-stump of Tallangatta Caravan Park, Stef on the CBR1000 and Mark Micallef on that bent ‘n busted, old grease-bucket Across
:doh::icon-maffick-:

001.jpg

Jaz smoking it up Mt. Buffalo

008.jpg

Yours Truly on the loudest Pegaso around....and that was before she occasionally blew the exhaust can off the link pipe. Clean off, no sweat. Oh....and if anyone dared to chase, they finished up with a suntan and molten jackets, that thing threw 2foot flames on every high-rpm down-change .

013.jpg

Dave Mountainhitter tried to blow up the BBQ at the Jindabyne Caravan Park

021.jpg

The whole mob at Charlotte’s Pass, incl. BT Humble from Canberra

026.jpg

Paul (aka Drizzt... RIP, mate!) wrenched his knee and discovered the delights of a Pegaso while I took his rumbling TL1000 home for him.:drool:

Stef gave Garry’s Pegaso the berries up the Alpine Way, while Garry nearly buried the CBRthou in a righthander, going bush big time and somehow emerging upright out of the greenery 30m further up. :whistle::whistle:

Discovered the Mitta Valley and Dartmouth Dam, Lockhart’s Gap and the then still unknown Redbank Rd.

Good stuff

Full story here (~40 pics)

http://www.austouring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
2002_NetRider Girls

August brought along the Netrider “Girls-Ride”...

L to R: Jodie (Rupert’s/ Damige’s better half), Jas and Goodie

IMG_1623.JPG

They only made it to Healesville, but sure had fun while at it.
Jodie on the tiny Yammie 100 stroker

IMG_1627.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
2002_Netrider Eildon

August

Just a few days after the Girlz-Ride, the pack assembled at The Basin.
L-R: Rupert (damige)...Marty (MartyH)....Mike (Moike)...John Birrel...??blank???...Goodie...Danny, TT600 Trumpy....Wayne Holderhead in the suit, stirring the shyte before going to work....???another blank???

There also must’ve been Paul (drizzt), who rode that cyclopic, purple Gix750

IMG_1628.JPG

Skyline Road above Lake Eildon

IMG_1635.JPG

IMG_1636.JPG

Top Bottom