RDO Monday

dougman1

Part of the furniture
It's been a whole month since the last Roster Day, and the weather was nice enough for a tootle in the back blocks, so off I went.
Heading north through Whittlesea and stopping at the Toorourrong Reservoir on the way up to Flowerdale.

This is at the base of Mt Dissapointment and I was hoping to find a track to take me to the top, but alas it's all walking tracks from what I could see.

_5280249-XL.jpg

_5280248-XL.jpg

There wasn't much to see in there really, I took a side road only to find a locked gate and a high fence.

So it was on to Flowerdale and then Strath Creek and Murchisons gap.

The Pub at Strath creek looks very forlorn and uninviting. Shame really.

The familiar vista at Murchison Gap

_5280252-XL.jpg

_5280253-XL.jpg

It was fun getting back onto the dirt roads.

_5280256-XL.jpg

_5280258-XL.jpg

dougman1

Part of the furniture
Even though this section was smooth as, a bit farther on a grader was working and big dump trucks were bringing metal in for the roads.

_5280259-XL.jpg

_5280264-XL.jpg

_5280265-XL.jpg

_5280261-XL.jpg

_5280268-X2.jpg

So there you have it, a short Monday ride into the Mt Disappointment State Forest, on a grey old Melbourne day.

Still beats working though. :woot:

_5280273-X2.jpg

Unionists - pfff!
I notice that you lot went on strike on a Friday immediately before Dougs Monday RDO. What a co incidence. :)

Wore the right "company colours", though!
(check that cap! ) :thumbs:

Actually I am struggling to see any difference between that photo and when I have been on site there during normal working times. Are you sure it was taken as part of the strike?

Top Bottom