Breakout

Makes sense to me especially seeing as the bakery in Gembrook is nothing special anyway and their pies are only one step above 4'n20.
Gladesville on the other hand. That could be worth chancing your luck. :)

nev

Super Térrarist
here is a comment from someone from the VMC, they arent the law but this guy usualy speaks rather common sence

I wouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. There are 4 reasons to leave your home. None of those reasons are to go for a ride on your motorbike. Some of those reasons might be achieved using the motorbike as a tool, but if you're just searching for excuses to go for a ride, you're probably liable to be fined.

Seriously I can’t see any reason at all why you can’t go for a ride for exercise as long as you stay pretty close to where you live. You are allowed to travel across Melbourne to play golf if you are a member of a club, you are allowed to travel to the beach to swim, you are allowed to travel to where your horse is kept to go for a horse ride. Providing that you are being sensible and a reasonably close to home unless you get a cop who left the academy yesterday and has a chip on his shoulder I doubt there would be a problem.
Judging by the noises I heard on the weekend working outside the house there were a reasonable number of people who needed to ride high powered bikes up the Basin-Sassafras road to exercise and there are still a shit load of cyclists who have to ride up the Dandenongs most days. The only real difference with the cyclists is that they are generally riding alone not in groups.

Hytram

<-- now went that way
You are all just being pedantic and forgetting the major issue at hand.

Are you allowed to ride you bike up and down the aisles in Bunnings?

Are you allowed to ride you bike up and down the aisles in Bunnings?

As long as you invoke the irrelevant 1948 Charter of Human Rights, don't wear a mask film yourself and post the video online you will be just fine.
Just don't ask for the onion to be put on top of the sausage or you will be in real trouble.

nev

Super Térrarist
Seriously I can’t see any reason at all why you can’t go for a ride for exercise.

Because that's not exercise, it's making up a pathetic excuse to leave your house and go for a ride on your motorbike. Seriously, if you want exercise do 100 star jumps in your loungeroom.

Riding a motorcycle for exercise was specifically allowed in NSW during the first lockdown. Exercise takes many forms. Physical exercise like star jumps is one sort but mental exercise is equally if not more important. If you are allowed to stroll around the local park or streets in a leisurely fashion that does nothing for your physical fitness but does refresh you mentally then doing basically the same thing on a motorcycle is equally valid. I get much more mental refreshment from a 20 minute motorcycle ride than I do from a two hour walk around the neighbourhood.

goodie

I get much more mental refreshment from a 20 minute motorcycle ride than I do from a two hour walk around the neighbourhood.

And not only that. Riding my bike I don't meet hundred (potentially infected) people like I would walking in my neighbourhood.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Riding a motorcycle for exercise was specifically allowed in NSW during the first lockdown. Exercise takes many forms.

Not only in NSW, also in Vic! (Lockdown #1!)

Let's see how the next 6 weeks pan out W-)

Top Bottom