West Gippsland Ridge-Hopping...and beating Murphy

ozav8r

Tour Pro
Beautiful shots Pete, would have loved to be there! Going home tomorrow, so no more perving at pretty nurses:glu for me for a while! Supply of free narcotics looks likely to continue for a while though, so sitrep is A-OK:woot::clap:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
GippyRidgeM_07.JPG

Gravel-jockeys, paaah...can't handle some dusty/ rain sprinkled smooth-top anymore W-) :killingme:killingme

GippyRidge_05.JPG

GippyRidge_07.JPG

The tiny Yarragon Motel proved a real gem...some fantastic hosts with humour and zeal (walking up to the Ale House lateron and dragging a semi-pissed AT-crew out of there and into the pub, where they had booked a table for us)....a BIG THANK YOU!!

:clap::clap:

Pulling into quarters before the first fat drops of the thunderstorms hit...
and bodging through some repairs to the clinking of a dozen ice-cold stubbies.:chug:

GippyRidgeM_08.JPG

GippyRidgeM_09.JPG

GippyRidgeM_10.JPG

GippyRidge_08.JPG

"You quit farting around with that KLR and come along for some real beer!!"

GippyRidgeM_11.JPG

Oh maaaan....don't let 'em loose on a treasure trove of beers from around the globe, pleeeaaaze!!

Mauritius plonk chasing Laos plonk chasing some ???-foamy....and that was just in between re-living the fugg-ups of the day!! :killingme

GippyRidge_10.JPG

GippyRidge_09.JPG

Did some say "COOOLD beer? :slobb

GippyRidge_11.JPG

Bench-racing the dinner-table....
"Yer shittin' me, right?":eek:

GippyRidge_12.JPG

BWHAHAWAHAAA :bs :bs

GippyRidge_13.JPG

More to come, still upping pics

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
OH no !....Not again Ant.....

Tellyawot...those XT's are TOUGH!! Stand it up, hit the button...repeat sequence :eek::bs:killingme

Beautiful shots Pete, would have loved to be there! Going home tomorrow, so no more perving at pretty nurses:glu for me for a while! Supply of free narcotics looks likely to continue for a while though, so sitrep is A-OK:woot::clap:

Mate...you would've wet yourself with laughter, just as the rest of us.
Bummer you had "other appointments"!
Great to hear you're on the way home, hooray! Can't keep a Viking down, aye?:wink:

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Such a calm start to an eventful trip…

A mug of Tiger chai, well it seemed appropriate… :rolleyes:

From memory Ant is saying, I ain’t braking for any wombats smaller than this… :bs

Check out that bottom lip. No, of course Doug we won’t have any fun without you… :sick:

Arty shot at Jason’s corner.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
I bet there’s some dirt over there… :wink:

Let’s go check it out. :thumbs:

Back onto the bitumen.

That’s better.

Now I was paying a little too much attention on this and nearly took the short cut… :bang:

Into the forest.

Out of the forest.

I just couldn’t convince Ant that grip is over rated… :killingme

Scene of the Great Yaragon Bakery crime. :doh:

Moyston

Getting the hang of this.
im giggling reading it...fun days had by all which is what we do it for....

it would have been fun,. Sorry couldn't make it...great pics and all smiles...and still here in brissie til damn Friday@!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Waiting for the rain and thunder....while that wombat was growing to the size of a cement-truck. :bs

GippyRidge_14.JPG

A few hours of rain and blowy gusts washed the skies....and turned the dust and copious amounts of fresh gravel into some greasy, treacherous blanket.

Rob (a86) swelled the numbers to a half-dozen again, joining up for the ride back to Melbourne.

The sun was out and the first hour was spent cruising some choice roads along the ridges above the Latrobe valley...the glorious views only broken by the occasional "shit, where's this applecart going??" or " please let me make that lefthander, come around, ya bastard!" when hitting one of the many midcorner-skidpans under the trees.

Through Trafalgar South, the narrow, sealed twisties of the Narracan Connection Rd and another piece of the McDonalds Track were an absolute delight....a lazy Skippy showing up as a quick reminder of who rules the roost up here, though.

Some bumpy stuff through the pine plantations back to Mirboo Nth., finding yet another pearler of a single-lane-twister-turning-to-gravel out the back....wondering why the hell we've never been there before.

GippyRidge_15.JPG

Somewhere on the Canavans Rd, heading for Wild Dog Valley

GippyRidge_16.JPG

GippyRidge_17.JPG

Just made it around another "wombat", hooray.... :whistle::bs

GippyRidge_18.JPG

Fabulous stuff!!

GippyRidge_19.JPG

GippyRidge_24.JPG

GippyRidge_20.JPG

Some sweet little roads around Bellview Hill into Bena
(this time with a certain Husky looking for some greenery :doh:)....

GippyRidge_21.JPG

GippyRidge_22.JPG

...got us to Andersons Hill....Found it!!

GippyRidge_23.JPG

GippyRidgeM_12.JPG

GippyRidgeM_13.JPG

GippyRidgeM_14.JPG

The final stretch of neat gravel and some surprise- single-laner twisties to The Gurdies.
Looking onto Westernport Bay and French Island .

GippyRidge_25.JPG

Where'd we be without Tomato Sauce eh?
(even if the sunnies just slipped off my head and splotched into the pie :doh::bs)

GippyRidge_26.JPG

The End....

GippyRidgeM_15.JPG

....for now.
'Cause we'll do that one again !! Screw Murphy!!

THANKS for a cracker of a time, folks...still having the giggles now while writing it up. YYYYAYYYY!!!

:bs :gday:

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
Sorry I missed it. Looked like a bag of fun.

The katoom went down in sympathy on Sunday at the top of Murchison spur. Doing a right hand turn onto the tarmac (blind corners left and right), a car appeared from down the spur just as I took off. Grabbed the front brake and she dug in and fell over. No damage except some scratches on my lovely carbon fibre exhaust protector and to my pride as a bunch of cagers swarmed around me to help.

Top Bottom