Tornanti_2...Three Weeks Of Carve Till Ya Barf!!

stevegt738

Tour Pro
Pete, awesome read and great shots, what a way to relax :thumbs:. Spectacular scenery & great roads :slobb.

Marty, that air show must have been unreal up in the mountains, and noisy.

That guy in the video must be :looney:. And they say bike riders are crazy.

:lao :tu

moike

Old Fahrt
Pete, awesome read and great shots, what a way to relax

Relax? Was that an option?

I suppose you could count collapsing into bed before nine every night relaxing.

Don't be fooled by all those pictures of people sitting around with coffee/chocolate/beer/schnappes/cake/speck. (Mmmmm Speck !) That wasn't relaxing, it was recovery!

I'm still going through my photos. I have no idea how Pete managed to put together that ride report so quickly.

I love looking at the photos, wondering where it was, then checking the RR to relive the memories.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I think....Steve might've referred to himself relaxing when looking at the yarns.

@Mike...fully with you there, mate.
Retracing the days via Google Maps, there are quite a few days with only ~250k's...give/take 50.:wot:

3-4 hrs worth of riding in AUS...a whole day of on-road awe and enjoyment over there.

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Man, it has taken me a few weeks or more to get through all this, you guys were so lucky with the way everything turned out. Excellent pics, great report, one very jealous Taswegian. Something to look forward to in the future maybe....

stevegt738

Tour Pro
I suppose relax is a relative turn, but 3 weeks of doing this instead of being at work is my definition of relaxing :D, even if I was a physical wreck each night :whistle:.

moike

Old Fahrt
I suppose relax is a relative turn, but 3 weeks of doing this instead of being at work is my definition of relaxing :D, even if I was a physical wreck each night :whistle:.
In fact I agree with you. In an odd way it was relaxing (not least because of the company).

Any activity where you get outside your routine, even if it's physically demanding, can be emotionally and mentally relaxing.

Whenever I do the Great Vic Bike Ride, I feel physically tired at the end, but mentally renewed. Tornanti 2 was even more so, by at least an order of magnitude.

Hytram

<-- now went that way
I could have been dipped boiling hot oil and still called it relaxing.. Its amazing the euphoria you feel being able to turn of your work Blackberry/email/voicemail and not give a shit for 3 weeks

But I wouldn't have called it a relaxing trip, a freaking unbelievable mind blowing over whelming attack on the senses describes it more for me

It really was amazing, I am only now starting to come to grips with it and the size of it, it sometimes was a little over whelming, you just didn't know how you should feel, or what you were feeling.. It just was one major rush after another, another "its this for real" after another.

it was sensory overload

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
But I wouldn't have called it a relaxing trip, a freaking unbelievable mind blowing over whelming attack on the senses describes it more for me

It really was amazing, I am only now starting to come to grips with it and the size of it, it sometimes was a little over whelming, you just didn't know how you should feel, or what you were feeling.. It just was one major rush after another, another "its this for real" after another.

it was sensory overload

Yeah....it sure takes a while to sink in to "final impact".
I'm looking at the pics and "Hey, I remember that spot....that's me on the bike....was I really THERE?"

Then comes another part of the day....and it's like seeing it the first time around.
BLOODY AWESOME!!

A

alxx

T2_1301.jpg
That cheese counter looks smaller than in a couple of the Italian delis around here,
probably a hell of a lot cheaper though.

Awesome photos and a great write up. What a ride.

I'll have to see if I can get me a job somewhere in Europe near the alps.

So whats next ?
(other than NZ)
Eastern Europe , Ukraine , Russa , South America , Africa ?

Here's a few more of Rollerman aka Buggy Rolling

Swiss Pass 1 Furka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obvDwkfZdXA

SWISSPASS 2 Grimel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXWK8FE5kuw

Swiss Pass 3 OBERRARD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFk3vncVGns

Olympic bobsled course in turin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MKcM0_uW8Y

Last edited:
Top Bottom