A little bit of Tasmania

dougman1

Part of the furniture
Here's a shot of my mighty little steed. It's served me well for the past 8 years only done 60000 k. Still a few adventures left I'd say!

IMG_0983-XL.jpg

We were at the site of another waterfall, but the walk was 20 mins... we wern't gonna fall for that again, so we kept on motoring.

IMG_0982-XL.jpg

This ones better, only a 10 min walk and oh so pretty.

IMG_0985-XL.jpg

IMG_0992-XL.jpg

IMG_0991-XL.jpg

There was a waterfall down there too. All this walking down to look up to a waterfall. I just don't get it. :killingme
IMG_0990-XL.jpg

dougman1

Part of the furniture
We have made it to the Weldborough pub for the evening.

IMG_0995-XL.jpg

We scored a miners cottage out back for accomodation.

IMG_0996-XL.jpg

They claimed to have beer from every brewery in Tassie, so we set about chewing through the selection.
Pete loves a beer, but is torn between drinks and route planning.

IMG_0998-XL.jpg

They had really good meals at this pub and the breakfast was fit for a group of Austourers too. It was a nice place to stay. :clap:

dougman1

Part of the furniture
The next morning was setting up to be a cracker. The forecast was for late afternoon rain. The map was showing a storm approaching, what the hell we still had 360 odd k to go before Devonport and the Ferry home.

IMG_1001-XL.jpg

Country lanes, Don't you just love em!

IMG_1002-XL.jpg

Goodie giving the Klacka a work out!

IMG_1003-XL.jpg

Some folk in Tassie have a lot of time on there hands. You gotta stop in Legerwood and check these carving's out.

IMG_1006-XL.jpg

It was a compulsory stop at Batman Bridge. I expected to se Robbie running around here with his cape on. Today it just wasn't to be. :bs

IMG_1011-XL.jpg

Motorcycle tourists....

IMG_1012-XL.jpg

dougman1

Part of the furniture
Well before we knew it we were back in Devonport. Our transport awaits. The skies were getting darker by the minute.

IMG_1014-XL.jpg

We had enough time to visit Annette (Eagle Lady) and Paul before we left. The skies had closed in and it was a wet arrival at the Ferry

We tried to squish into the bike shelter...

IMG_1020-XL.jpg

Here's some fairly happy Austourers that are safely sheltering as the rain belts down. What a nice end to a fantastic 2 weeks in Tasmania. The rain held off until the last day. Superb.:clap:

IMG_1023-XL.jpg

The weather had turned, it was to provide a memorable crossing though. I woke up at one point in the night to find myself partly airborne as the ship crashed through another swell.

IMG_1022-XL.jpg

So that's pretty much it. Hope you've enjoyed some of the views and got an idea of why we LOVED this trip so much. 4270 k later I'm back in Melbourne contemplating work and all that boring stuff.
What a blast it was. :so
Thanks to Fuzzy, Pato, Crusty Varmint, Glitch and Goodie for a memorable 2 weeks.
The Austouring lot are a friendly bunch, you should get onto some of the rides!

Cheers Doug :scull:

dougman1

Part of the furniture
Footnote:
This is the last shot I took with the lovely little Panasonic TZ 30. I saw bikes then sky then pavement. I dunno what happened. But the camera took the full force of the fall.
The Strom was in a heap, I was on my feet, what the hell just happened...?
My camera was busted...:eek:

And that was it, last pic! At least it was of some bikes...:thumbs:

P1040449-XL.jpg

goodie

Thank you for the RR, Doug. It was great to do it all over again and seeing things through your eyes. I enjoyed it immensely! :chug: (Yep, that too...)

Top Bottom