Meeniyan Meandering

nev

Super Térrarist
Jo is off working interstate, and my work don't need me for a few days... soo...

Tuesday morning the bike was packed with a few odds and ends and I was off... I headed out through the hills east... found this new tree carving somewhere...

IMG_0481.JPG

And this dragon protecting the castle at MiraMira (coulnd't get a photo of the house)

IMG_0483.JPG

Stopped at Gladysdale backhouse to get a breakfast pie, but bad planning meant that this was my lunch pie too, I just didn't know it yet. The Angus Hot Bugger !!!

IMG_20180313_102947.jpg

and this guy sat next to me the whole time waiting for some crumbs to fall his way...

IMG_20180313_102951.jpg

After some fuel in Moe, the next stop was Loy Yang..

100_0113_20180314183217.jpg

Then it was south, Old Callignee Road and South Callignee Rd to Callignee South from where you can get a view of Mount Tassie.

IMG_0487.JPG

Then up to Mount Tassie for the view back over the Callignee plantation and The power stations of Traralgon

IMG_0489.JPG

Then I meandered up hill and down dale, through the plantations of South Gippsland. Only saw one logging truck for the day, and he arrived at an intersection a few seconds after me so I didn't even have to taste his dust. Map is included, but the route was, Grand Ridge, Road, down the hill on the Albert River Road, back up the hill on the Christies Albert River Road (this road doesn't see much traffic, and parts were quite overgrown), Woorarra Rd, then down Turtons Track, Hedley Range Road, Hazel Park Road, then down to Agnes Falls.

IMG_0491.JPG

Turton's Track in Gippsland is not like it's namesake in Beech Forest, about the same distance from Melbourne but to the West. In Beech Forest the road is a sealed racetrack through rainforest setting. Tight, lots of corners, narrow road, no lines. In Gippsland it runs through logging plantations. It's tight, lots of corners, a surface made from rocks about the size of your fist, and generally a bone jarring and teeth chattering decent that seems it will never end.

A quick visit to Agnes Falls.

IMG_0496.JPG

and an equally quick visit to Port Franklin..

IMG_0499.JPG

Then I cruised along the highway through Foster and to Meeniyan in the motel adjacent the pub.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/-38...0x6b2bd859c800101d:0x130579a40eb340c1!1m0!3e0

nev

Super Térrarist
Wednesday morning wasn't as interesting. I pretty much drew a straight line from Meeniyan to Yarragon and followed whichever road crossed that line.

From the top of the range on the Darnum-Allambee Road looking into the misty Latrobe Valley.

IMG_0500.JPG

Headed west from there to Jam Jerrup where I took the drone out for another fly.
Looking back at the beach from 1500m out over Westernport Bay.

100_0147_20180314183236.jpg

From somewhere between Pakenham and Emerald

IMG_0503.JPG

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Nice little trip, Nev!

You've probably said elsewhere, but what tyres are you running on the Terra at the moment?

nev

Super Térrarist
Nice little trip, Nev!

You've probably said elsewhere, but what tyres are you running on the Terra at the moment?

Motoz Tractionator Adventure, and i love them. I usually think tyres are much of a muchness, but these 'feel' so much better than the tyres i have tried in the past on this bike, especially on the loose stuff. They were a pretty good price too.

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Motoz Tractionator Adventure, and i love them. I usually think tyres are much of a muchness, but these 'feel' so much better than the tyres i have tried in the past on this bike, especially on the loose stuff. They were a pretty good price too.

Cool. Did you go the 140/80 or the 150/70 rear?
There's a local shop not too far from me that is an outlet for Motoz

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Catching up slowly on the reading....what a sweet little loop.
Christies-Albert River Road....how the hell did you pick that one?
Got stuck there with the Korean Ferrari years ago (fallen tree , which looked like it had come down years earlier)....there are so many great dirt roads around there.

Neat pics, too :clap::chug:

Top Bottom