Berlin or Dust - I went for the Dust!

Zuckerbaron

Tour Pro
Agree, no comparison....but give us another 20 years to pave more and more of the "good stuff" and lock away the rest for "recreational use".
:looney:W-)

The only reason that helps is if the state has not enough money for tarmac! :doh:

Last edited:

Zuckerbaron

Tour Pro
Second scouting was together with my friend R., sorry no photos, he is the ghost rider. :wink::chug:

We drove to the southern starting point in the Spreewald and the goal was to end on the island Usedom. From there he wanted to travel west along the coast and I would ride back to the trailer.

We followed more or less the route from my first run. North of Chorin everything is new. Interesting will be, if we find a ferry to Usedom.

FIQ6Cur.jpg

Starting procedure: Unloading from the trailer and uploading the luggage.
yt93kUp.jpg

1wygAyO.jpg

hJrNKa2.jpg

New was Straupitz at the north end of the Spreewald. This small village has a church, which easily could serve a town of 15.000.
9q5qv0s.jpg

On the way to Steinhöfel.:glu
sh5dDCB.jpg

Same place as the first time, only the other side of the gate.
4G1awDB.jpg

Last edited:

Zuckerbaron

Tour Pro
Driving around between Spreewald and Templin you come across a lot of small rivers or small channels and you can stop at a lot of ponts and lakes for a break. :cool::cool:
Crossing the river Spree near Werder. R. has to wait.

W2HH9sT.jpg

Because I had to look for the next break

y4Y9pVB.jpg

sgLqJ3D.jpg

iOzTzL6.jpg

and the lake and the next stop:lol:
394hIIE.jpg

r9X0X6H.jpg

Next day it was Neuhardenberg again. Later it started to rain.
ga9SIS7.jpg

ztJNDoI.jpg

uJLsHpP.jpg

In the woods:clap:
6wfu4GV.jpg

uLWp4Wb.jpg

Zuckerbaron

Tour Pro
On our way to Templin we passed settlements where most of the people went west to towns where is more work or simply more "life".
As always the elder people stay. For example Glambeck, it is right beside the motorway but that doesn't help. Life just passes by this small community.

The old lady told us they stopped the normal bus service, she has to take the school bus to get to the next town. :(

3HkXp3S.jpg

qdV9R6q.jpg

The small church is beside a touristic bicycle "road".

boz8viz.jpg

C94IaLI.jpg

C8yfMUO.jpg

On the other hand you come along massive buildings like this chateau and you ask yourself: Who was so weird to build such a castle in the middle of nowhere.

w8qqMd6.jpg

Finally we reaced the backwater of Usedom near Anklam. :woot:

We tried to avoid the bridge cause R. and me thought that wouldn't fit the style of our trip.
V9lguu8.jpg

PlhOafg.jpg

Zuckerbaron

Tour Pro
The rest of this trip is quite close. Only the shallow backwater of the island Usedom is betwenn us and the beach of the Baltic Sea.

The iron works in the water are the remainigs of a railway bridge. With that construction they could lift the rails, so that ships could pass under/through the railway bridge. It was destroyed in WW2.
d2WENf8.jpg

c1eqso7.jpg

Damn, we couldn't find a ferry for our bikes and had to backtrack for the bridge. :mad:W-)

Here we are among a lot of different dressed people on the boardwalk and beach of Heringsdorf.:cool:
0vYeKcu.jpg

jc4RY3u.jpg

6pnhnxg.jpg

2jjD98M.jpg

Well done, we did it!:clap:
5CqfyRM.jpg

goodie

W-)Sorry Goodie! Not much pics from Usedom itself.

No problem, Mr. Zuckerbaron. It was nice to get a glimpse of the area.
One day I will go there and will have a look for myself. Usedom is a place that always intrigued me.

Thank you for your RR, I enjoyed it a lot. :clap:

Top Bottom