Straya Day 2013 - Waaay around the Bay in a day.

twowheeler

two wheels are best
Feetup, top report and I agree - the ferry sounds like the perfect alternative to the dreaded GR.

Glenn are you getting spotters fees at that Wye River cafe ? Free choc slices ? :wink::wink::wink:

MGS12_8V

Getting the hang of it
Feetup, top report and I agree - the ferry sounds like the perfect alternative to the dreaded GR.

Glenn are you getting spotters fees at that Wye River cafe ? Free choc slices ? :wink::wink::wink:

I wish! Had to buy the coffee and burger but both were worth it. Might have to try for a deal on the Cornish pasties and amber fluid at Forrest in the same deal, although they didn't get a visit this trip.

Also glad to be of service to my friends on Tigers. Goop aside, the little TomCat coped admirably and got the Tiger mobile in no time. For an encore it replaced the air in the Stelvio's tyres after the dirty stuff finished. Was an excellent alternative to Glitch's overnighter which didn't fit the social calendar unfortunately.

feetup

Just through the door
A Post Script.

On lessons into practice:

- Have packed the G-clamp into the tool bag. Purrrfect fit.

- pulled apart the pump; alas, in the mangled immortal words of Vanilla Ice, the "jack was jacked." To eBay!

And a win:

Was washing the bike and noticed the headlight protector was loose. One of the 4 grommets had come out, so it wasn't held firmly in place.

"Bugger," I thought. That's a Saturday morning trip to Clarke rubber trying to find a replacement.

Then I remembered the last time I washed the bike I took the protector off, and upon replacement didn't check that the grommets had stayed in place (known for falling out upon refitting).

I also recalled that I washed it on the lawn where I was standing. "What are the odds..." as I looked to the ground, and spied the tiny piece of rubber immediately....

Win!! :)

MGS12_8V

Getting the hang of it
Whilst the reference to 90's rap hasn't made it into the lessons into practice post, here's some Vanilla Ice inspired commentary.

alright stop,
collaborate and listen,
Glenno's back with a brand new invention
Pumps your flat tyres up real tightly
So your can ride your tiger daily and nightly
Will it ever stop?
Sir Francis knows
You can't get far when the fuel light glows
To the extreme he pushed the bike like a vandal
Fill up the tank and wax a chump like a candle

twowheeler

two wheels are best
Whilst the reference to 90's rap hasn't made it into the lessons into practice post, here's some Vanilla Ice inspired commentary.

alright stop,
collaborate and listen,
Glenno's back with a brand new invention
Pumps your flat tyres up real tightly
So your can ride your tiger daily and nightly
Will it ever stop?
Sir Francis knows
You can't get far when the fuel light glows
To the extreme he pushed the bike like a vandal
Fill up the tank and wax a chump like a candle

Glenn, stop now or I'm gonna bail on Tassie.

Top Bottom