Ice Age.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Apsley? Where the hell is Apsley?

Yes, this is correct response for a Frosty Frolic destination - WTF is that...?

:eek: How old is Famous Rog then?? .

At last count, I think he was 65 going on 17...

OMG! Somebody bought the Mantra. Is that the same one which was on the showroom floor at Bike Barn for many years ? One of the ugliest bikes I've ever seen.

Nah, this one was the 2nd in the country.

Ugly? - 1 It has to have been one of the most successful styling exercises in modern motorcycling - key objectives for it was to be out-there, unmistakable for anything else, elicit an emotive response (they didn't care if that response was "err yuk that is FUGLY" just so long as you noticed) and to generate massive amounts of free publicity for Bimota.

Ugly? - 2 You haven't yet seen what I did to my GSXR7-11 streetfighter. It really was proof that I have no eye for colour or style but that's for another thread...:rofl:

Sir Francis

Displaced person
2007: Frosty Frolic 5 – Halls Gap.

Sean’s R100RS had lost a little weight and changed colour. Following an attack from a kamakazi kangaroo Miss KT’s Mantra had been replaced with a BMW Rockster. Famous Rog had upgraded to a brand new 1000 Blade. Another outing for my Daytona.

Of course Halls Gap is west of Melbourne, that’s why we travelled north to NSW.

Lunch at a traditional Frosty Frolic spot.

From Echuca, we cut west.

Just short of StArnaud the Rockster split a fuel line. Enough of a fix was bodgied to get us to the Halls Gap YHA for the night.

A BBQ breakfast followed a riotous night at the Halls Gap pub.

A quick ride to Zumsteins and back. Home via Castlemaine, Woodend, etc

A few days later, an early morning drive to collect the Rockster.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
2008: Frosty Frolic 6 – Rainbow

Bernie Blackbird had an update and a change of colour. In hindsight, my Bimota sb6 was not the smartest choice for the flat straight roads of western Vic.

Sean’s R100RS café racer.

Even the ninjas found it uncomfortably cold in Ararat.

Bernie Blackbird and Angry Dave. Happy to be somewhere warm over lunch in Halls Gap.

Over the Grampians, continue west.

No pot of gold when we finally made it to Rainbow but we all seemed to have a blast.

Sunday morning.

Not sure Cam wanted this much help when he experienced a wardrobe malfunction.

Sean, what can I say….?

Lunch at Bridgewater and onto home.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
2009: Frosty Frolic 7 – Tallangatta

After being retrenched two weeks earlier, I’d made a start on my beard. The day after the Frosty Frolic I was set to depart on a 7 week 26,000km round Oz trip on my Mighty Scrambler.

Yep. Cold before we began.

Even colder in Mansfield.

A rare opportunity to purchase fuel in Whitfield.

A diversion to Eskdale before hitting Tallangatta for the night.

Sunday morning.

Maugan stopped by at lunch on Saturday to check out Sean’s R100RS café racer, she then rode with us for the afternoon, run a-muck with us Saturday night and then put on morning tea at her house Sunday morning. Hmmm, great scones…

Home via Beechworth, ?????, Bonnie Doon, Yea etc.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Mtea-2-L.jpg

Yumm!!

Sir Francis

Displaced person
2010: Frosty Frolic 8 – Bemm River

The Frosty Crew.

Colin had a new way of wearing his hat and a CBR1000RR to replace his Firestorm.

Lunch at Didyerbringyerdadalong.

Blue skies at Bruthen.

It was getting chilly mid afternoon in Orbost.

Overnight at Bemm River. It was finger snapping cold Sunday morning.

The Orbost-Buchan Tourist Rd. Green moss, kangaroos, surprise gravel. Man, what a hoot!

We defrosted at the café in Buchan before the run to home .

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
The Orbost-Buchan Tourist Rd. Green moss, kangaroos, surprise gravel. Man, what a hoot!

That's what they call it now?
Ripper of a road....was even better until ~2007, when they re-sealed the Orbost end, the eastern ~15k's used to be really crappy, broken up asphalt...the reason you had the road mostly to yourself at nearly any given time.:chug:

Sir Francis

Displaced person
2011: Frosty Frolic 9 –Mystery Ride (Barham)

In a test of faith, I kept the destination for the Frosty a secret.

Once again we were treated to chilly but mostly dry weather for Saturday departure.

It was a big year for new bikes to the group - Famous Rog had taken delivery of his Tiger XC a few days earlier, it was one of the first rides for Big Rob’s 1150GS, Van / Lyn were enjoying the plush ride on their new 1200GS and one of the very few long rides for my girlie Tiger.

Cam wondering why he follows me at Heathcote.

Some were tipping he were about to do a u-turn and head to Gippsland.

A short stop by the Murray and we were off to Denni.

Look at me, look at me, LOOK AT ME…

I’d waited all day and got to say my joke about making Hay whilst the sunshines just before we looped back to Barham for the night.

When we arrived there was talk of taking in town before heading to the bar. We didn’t get much further than this table, the fire and the bar…

Team Huda made friends with the staff. The staff looked scared…

The rain had caught up with us come Sunday morning.

Kerang before we started looping towards home.

Finally water in Lake Boort.

It was dang cold for the final stop near Ballarat.

Top Bottom