Mt Disappointment solo ride

Captn Spock

Ride along and prosper
Staff member
So I was itching to take the Strom out but wanted to do something new. So rode to Epping AussieDisposals and picked up a Rooftop map for Mt Disappointment Kinglake area.

I was actually shitting myself about going alone. Didn't know what to expect, swore not to do anything too technical alone. Still ended up doing some 4x4 tracks, 1 of them I truly regretted going. Fuck it was scary, but I didnt drop it! :clap:

I did most of main gravel roads in that area, did some 4x4 tracks including morrison road, harry east something? poison pilot road something? LOL I am shit with names. Here is piccies!

Stopped to look at the map. 3 ways to go didnt know which one to take

whichwaydoigo_zpsdb3f4f25.jpg

Stopped for lunch, got homemade sandwiches. Spent time trying to wonder how simple the sandwich was but yet so tasty. Wonder how the wife does it

lunchtime_zps1efc6b70.jpg

Just took this one because the tree was too big!
juststoppedforaphoto_zps19839024.jpg

And that just looks good too
windydirt_zps65770b97.jpg

All in all, great day out. roughly 80-100 kms dirt for me today. I would have done even more 4x4 tracks if I had company but I didnt want to venture out too far and deep incase I stacked it.

:endu

nev

Super Térrarist
Nice Ride. When I collected my TR650 last week I rode home from the bikeshop via Mt Disappointment. It's amazing the difference up there since the 2009 bushfires. Most of those tracks used to be shaded in tree canopy and never saw the light of day. Now, some spots, even at the bottom of gullies are sunny spots with no trees in sight.

MooN

Tour Pro
looks like a cool ride, I know the problem with doing unknown trails alone, I pass sooo many places where, for safety's sake I have to say "I'll come back to that when i'm not alone..."

It's the "Billy No mate's" syndrome...:bs

:chug:

r m

Tour Pro
So I was itching to take the Strom out but wanted to do something new. So rode to Epping AussieDisposals and picked up a Rooftop map for Mt Disappointment Kinglake area.

I was actually shitting myself about going alone...

Really? Is Epping that rough?

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
:guff:guff

Back on the topic though...good to see you getting out and giving it a whirl.
Even better to hear that care is taken to not get yourself into the shyte....at least not too soon :so

Going further is just a matter of time....

Top Bottom