Adelaide to Cobar Loop

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
Thats a great ride report Graham :clap:
I appreciate the latter part when you rested due to fatigue - you told it like it was and looked after yourself , I was very interested to hear your description of the dirt- how it masks shadows and is hard to "read"
This is the stuff I,ve never heard about , and really adds detail and realism to the report- this detail paints a different picture than just imagining :endu on dirt...that dodgy brown dirt sounds like it would be very draining both physically and mentally..
Thanks for sharing the ride :D
:chug:
Paul

thedecepticon

Getting the hang of it
Thanks Paul. I always feel stiff as cardboard doing the vids so its nice to see some one appreciate the style.

Last edited:

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
Thanks Paul. I always feel stiff as cardboard doing the vids so its nice to see some one appreciate the style.

Style?? - sorry , I missed that bit :bs :bees:

The 360 deg. selfie gave an interesting perspective also :D, of both yourself, and the surroundings, It exposed you, no pun intended, and (to me) showed just how alone you were.. it really impressed isolation.
Those personal moments and your honest commentary,made at the time,really made the report REAL.
Loved it, its set it apart - and above, many hundreds I have viewed. :clap:
Very much looking forward to part three!

thedecepticon

Getting the hang of it
Style?? - sorry , I missed that bit :bs :bees:

The 360 deg. selfie gave an interesting perspective also :D, of both yourself, and the surroundings, It exposed you, no pun intended, and (to me) showed just how alone you were.. it really impressed isolation.
Those personal moments and your honest commentary,made at the time,really made the report REAL.
Loved it, its set it apart - and above, many hundreds I have viewed. :clap:
Very much looking forward to part three!

Style...yep, I asked for that!! :killingme

Very kind words Paul, thank you. :oops:

Now, to let you all down badly, here is the final video ("Thank God" I hear you all groan!! It's like slide night at Uncle Cecils, only one more carosel to go!!:doh:). It is a bit longer as I was travelling a lot of bitumen and had plenty of time to stuff around with the selfie stick.

Cheers and thanks for watching.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R57iO4lbQhg

Last edited:

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
Love the selfie stick Graham :wink: :) ! the shot at 8:10 with the DR front wheel looking like it is spinning backwards is pretty cool :cool:
Those long empty "miles" and riding along with the pipe beside you, did the pipe become a bit of a security thing? like a companion?
Was it strange when the pipe went from being on your Left, to being on your Right? :???: I appreciated the comment about having freedom and fear of the same space when alone in a remote area :) I imagine it would be a beautiful experience when all going well, and knowing you could overcome a flat tyre for example would give a sense of independence and greater strength.
I wont ask too much about the Bra tree, though I did notice your "Man Boobs" after you mentioned it :eek: :oops: (of course it was just your jacket bunching up :wink: )
Another GREAT report :bow:
LOVED the music btw! :so it suited the mood of the ride and your narration perfectly :clap:
:chug: PnD

thedecepticon

Getting the hang of it
When I ride along the pipe line I always worry that I'll fall off and hit it! :eek:
As for my man boobs, I'm only a B cup! :wink:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Finally catching up with this...looking at those vids you seemed to have been damn lucky with the weather :drool: the blue skies seem to go on forever.
Great effort and I'm sure a lot of time has gone into editing the bulk of footage. Thanks for taking us along! :clap:

Top Bottom