First day out...

Trump.

Getting the hang of it
Ok so I have picked up my new toy on Thursday (Yesterday).. A NX650P... First thing first... sort out the supper soft front forks... (the rear will get some thing adjustable in the future) The old fork oil was so clean I should have poured it back in... but what the hack after 16years I might as well put in some thing newer... in goes the 10W oil.... and 1.5cm extra preload.... Well no one told me that the 10W is about the same as the ATF it had in it!! Still dives under brakes...

So Off I go for a quick "round the block" test ride... off to Gembrook :D and the national park!! Handles fine in the twistes... and... first time off tarmac in 8 years... wow not as scary as I remember... All up 200km trip.. No pains no discomforts.. Bum bit numb but had that happen after two hours on a Rocket III with a gell seat it...

I'll be posting more of my travels... Hoping to "test" the bike out more during the weekend :D

Trump.

Getting the hang of it
LoL all the touring I'm doing at the moment is to and from work... lets me get used to the bike... need to do a MAJOR service and change the chain (previous owner thought he would be nice and tighten it up b4 I picked it up!!!) :( I have a major tight spot problem... LoL and the brake fluid was never changed in 14years!!... actualy the bike had only two services in that time...

Trump.

Getting the hang of it
OK what has been happening?? Done that service... and the front master brake cylinder decided to spring s leak!! But that was last weekend and today I went for a short ride :so....

A 6 hour ride....

Up to Warburton, and Mt Donna Buang than down to Healesville... Bit of twistes and a bit of twisty dirt too... Oh and a touch of frost!!

Here are some pics...

Big forest!!

P5240101.jpg

Bit of frost!!

P5240104.jpg

On top was cold!!

P5240107.jpg

Long way down!

P5240109.jpg

Well I had both...

Pete...

Top Bottom