A very long short ride...

Hytram

<-- now went that way
With mother's day duties dealed with on the Saturday night this year I had the Sunday to myself.. what to do, there is a workshop to finish setting up, a home theatre to wire up and study to set up too..... stuff that, grab the camera and hop on the bike. There was some Hack firmware I wanted to try on the camera and after spending way to long downloading different versions and experimenting on the couch (try 3 1/2 hrs to be exact) it kind of ruled out riding up into the hills as planned...

So decided to head off down Hastings/Flinders/Cape Schanck way... I never got past Hastings. The ride wasn't about riding or finding roads, it was about taking photos and photos were a takin!!

Just before Hastings is the BHP metal works and I though there would be some good industrial shots to be had, bugger all really, I rode around on some of the perimeter tracks and ended up at the waters edge. I sand seemed quite firm so I parked the Strom on the beach for some glamour shots

IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3541.jpg

The first couple of metres was quite firm, pity about the rest, I only need to travel about 10mt, that 10mt took about 30mins with the Strom deliberately on its side a couple of times placing crap under the rear wheel to get grip and also to turn it 90 degrees to get pointing in the right direction. No damage done and a major lesson learnt.. stay away from sand on a 230Kg bike with average tyres :doh:

IMG_3568.jpg

IMG_3574.jpg

It was getting dark so I headed into town to pick up some fish and chups and rode down to the local pier to eat. The sun had set so out came the camera for my favourite type of photography, time exposure.

pier1.jpg

pier3e.jpg

helmet1.jpg

Time to head of home, I headed off the Oliver's Hill in Frankston but saw nothing I liked. A little further down the road is the Frankston foreshore which turned out to be a little gem of a spot for photos

Frank3.jpg

Frank4.jpg

Strom3e.jpg

Frank1.jpg

A total of 95km in 4 1/2hr, one of the best 95km I have done in a while and hardly a corner in sight...

google earth placemarks attached and some more photos here

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Ohhhh YEAHHHH.....more, more, more!!!
Those shots are stumpers....or rather....Marty trademark stuff!!

And how drastically sand can change within a few feet, we saw on Fraser Island....it all looks the same, but boy :whistle::whistle:

P

Punisher

looking at your photos, makes mine look like their done with kindy level finger painting :-(

tim

RIP Marco # 58
Staff member
I think Marty should be banned from the photo comps. He has one thing I don't.

skill with a camera :) :)

Fantastic shots Marty...:clap::clap:

Hytram

<-- now went that way
thanks for the kind comments...

as for professional... no, I am not that good and secondly, why ruin a good hobby :)

Top Bottom