Christmas Trip

BB63

SV, DRZ & now DL Rider
Well it's that time of year again so I am heading off for my annual holiday/ride.
A bit different this year to what I normally plan, this ones gonna be epic. :glu
1213trip.jpg

The plan is to head off on boxing day in an anti clockwise direction spend my time getting to Ayers Rock for New Years eve festivities, then down to SA to meet up with a mate on the 2nd, then home, tho if feelling up to the extra ks, may detour via Mildura.
Cheers brian

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
What a neat little lap :wot::wot:
That Strom's gonna be piling on some miles!
Just in case plans change and you're driftin' south...give us a hoy:wink:

BB63

SV, DRZ & now DL Rider
Just had the 12000 service done as well as a new set of hoops fitted to her in readiness for the trip and have been riding the SV so not to rack up too many ks before the trip.
On that note, recently fitted a new Ohlins shock to the SV as after riding the strom, the rear felt like shit on the SV in comparrison, now it is magic. :drool:
DSCN0078-1.jpg

Doubt if I will make it further south with the time constraints I have ( have to be back at work on the 7th ), but it had been in my thoughts as a "if possible" type of thing.
Cheers brian

goodie

Well it's that time of year again so I am heading off for my annual holiday/ride.
A bit different this year to what I normally plan, this ones gonna be epic. :glu
The plan is to head off on boxing day in an anti clockwise direction spend my time getting to Ayers Rock for New Years eve festivities, then down to SA to meet up with a mate on the 2nd, then home, tho if feelling up to the extra ks, may detour via Mildura.
Cheers brian

Soooo - you're not coming anywhere near our place, Brian?
Riding down to Melbourne would add quite a few more kilometers I guess - anyway, if you change your mind, give Pete (glitch) a tingle - I'm giving him some time off....:lol: Enjoy your trip!

Chally

Tour Pro
Brian,

That should be a great trip but man it will be HOT!!! :wow: How do you deal with the heat? I ask as we went down to the Sunshine Coast and back yesterday. We went early to beat the heat and then stayed the day and left late afternoon to try and beat the heat again but near cooked on the way home. Honestly it was near unbearable riding as the heat and humidity was intense. It felt like we were in an oven. It was still 36 degrees at 6pm.

I know it is a dry heat inland but still I imagine it will be extremely hot on your trip.

Jeff

BB63

SV, DRZ & now DL Rider
Thanks for the concern Jeff, I am/do take quite a few precautions when riding in the heat and that has been my biggest concern in the planning of this as well.
Cheers brian

BB63

SV, DRZ & now DL Rider
Day 1 done & dusted, a nice casual jaunt up to Bundy where I am catching up with some friends.
Cheers brian

Top Bottom