Slow Road to (& from) Brisbane

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
The best part of the Mount Lindsay Road was ......

The best part was getting off the bloody thing!
Gimme a dirt road any day....at a lousy 80kmh your arse is constantly out of the seat and you're wearing your suspension... the whole bloody applecart bucking, jarring, twisting and jumping like bunny-on-crack.

And that WAS on a Strom :)
Would love to watch one of them WildHogs having a serious go on that stretch :icon-maffick-::icon-maffick-:

But didn't I read somewhere that they'd redone the road last year?
Or were planning to...whatever.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
.... wearing your suspension.....

That I'd like see .........

..... the whole bloody applecart bucking, jarring, twisting and jumping like bunny-on-crack.....

And I was on the Mighty CB towing the Classic trailer. This could be what stuffed my supension.

......Would love to watch one of them WildHogs having a serious go on that stretch ......

The mate I rode the MLR with was on his new (4K old) HOG. He complained, but not as much as me.

..... But didn't I read somewhere that they'd redone the road last year?

Yes, please!!

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
:lol: christ I reckon we have to do this road again just to believe how bad a supposed road can be! seriously it does go through beautiful country- its just that you cannot appreciate it due to focussing on the road (lack of) so much. I doubt I could convince Dixie to ride it again but taken at a slow pace as a photo shoot it is passable...I,d do it for laughs and pics. dont expect an update soon though! I.ll give it a mention though :lol:

N

nzmike

Great trip and photos! I have two weeks before I start my new job - could you post a google map for me to consider for my ride? (I'm in Sydney but I could pick it up at the most southern point I guess)

Thx,

Mike

twowheeler

two wheels are best
could you post a google map for me to consider for my ride? (I'm in Sydney but I could pick it up at the most southern point I guess)

Google maps aren't my strong point, but these 2 cover the NSW / Qld areas north-ish of Sydney and east-ish of Tottenham. Hope they help.
(Getting lost is part of the fun, as long as you're not also running out of fuel in the dark, that is).

Last edited:

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
:clap:DO IT :clap: SOOO many alternative secondary roads but this route is a goer as is.
You wont be dissapointed and next time up this way there are alternatives-many.
I particulary encourage the Killarney- Boonah section :glu..

Top Bottom