Mountains, Sweat + Beer...a trip to the tip!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Insert lots of speccy pics here!!

And with a sunset over the adjacent Tambo River prior to an excellent evening at the Bullant Brewery -

Whowww...bloody whooww :glu:lao
(speechless)
This yarn is turning into a feast for the eyes!

dougman1

Part of the furniture
How'd that "fart-maze" seat cover go, I wonder.

Not as comfy as an Airhawk, but it was ok I guess.

It added a bit of height to the seat, so if you happen to suffer from Duck's disease. (like I do )

Makes for tippy toes at the servo.

Other than that and a slightly numb bum.

"It was choice bro"....:thumbs:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Early the next morning, a quick detour to the Corryong lookout -

Then up onto Mt Blowhard -

That super-wide-angle really flattens out the landscape quite drastically.
(don't get me wrong..LOVE the pics!!)

But looking for a new camera to replace the FZ100 I've been humming and hahhing for the last 12 months going either into the 15-85mm range (then adding glass for more zoom...with all that entails)....the want of going tough and water/ dust proof (but loosing out on certain features and optics)....or staying with the 25-600 moderate-wide-angle to mega-zoom, a bigger body, more weight etc and just adding a pile of new features/ software/ functionality...basically a majorly updated version of the FZ100.

There's just too much stuff around....

twowheeler

two wheels are best
Just remember that an Olympus OMD ( which I'm using ) is a four/thirds format, so the quoted focal length needs to be doubled to reach its equivalent full-frame size. So a 14-150mm four/thirds lens is the same as a 28-300mm full-frame lens.
The lens I have on just now is a 7-14mm four/thirds. I'm still playing with it and I think the distortion ramps up at the 7-8mm end.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Ok, guys ....slow down!!
You're dealing with an old fart, ok?
Just let me read that again...S L O W L Y !!

For the start...1600 bux is just out of the question.
We could run the forum on that for 5 years!

Distortion coming at the extreme end makes sense....that'd be in the 15mm range (full frame).
While attractive for the odd shot, it's something I don't really need.
What I DO use (and want) is a mostly distortion free max-zoom at the (300) 600mm end.
I also want better low-light shots without the graininess, preferably up to a medium zoom-setting!
Then add some ruggedness re: moisture and DUST!
(which I found a bit of an issue with the FZ100/ mesh-jackets/ having the cam dangling in the breeze around my neck while touring..., it's had 3 "commercial cleans" through camera-shops thus far).

It's also gotta be a practical thing, a P+S jobbie without the need for extra lenses.... if at all possible. It's the workhorse, no the show-stopper.
Data-transfer onto an appropriate memory-card also has to be FAST!
The 100 is too slow and hasn't got enough buffer-Ram for continuous shooting (6shots/sec at full res and AF...which really drops down to 3-4 shots/ sec due to the slow data-transfer, despite the latest firmware and fast media).

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
One thing I found with cameras is that zoom is overrated, hard to use and not all that useful when taking general landscapy shots.

A good general purpose lens is something like 23-105 on a crop bodied camera.

Top Bottom